Unusual skills developed because of laziness

Started by Blizzard, August 07, 2010, 05:54:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Do you possess such skills? I thought of one the other day. Since I am always too lazy to pull out a wooden board, when cutting bread, so I don't damage the table with the knife, I have developed a high precision while cutting stuff with knives and better spacial orientation by better estimation of how things look on the side that I don't see. How? Simple. Since I have to stop cutting the bread before the knife reaches the table (usually 2-3 cm), I turn it by 90° and continue cutting while I continue rotating it slightly. That way the knife never touches the table and the bread has a clean cut. Of course, when I started doing that the cuts weren't clean at all. I always made a bit of a mess and slipped onto either side while cutting the bread. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

I learned to cook awesome meals out of nearly no indigrents at all, because I was too lazy to go and buy food. I have about 10 recipes I made up myself that can be done with things you always have at home, like a pasta sauce made only out of margarine, spices and random vegetables (the ones I can find, really) and it actually tastes awesome.

G_G

My hand-eyed coordination is pretty good. I'll be sitting at my computer or on my bed watching tv. Don't have the remote? No problem. :D

I always have one of those curtain rods next to me for 2 reasons. Back scratching and pressing buttons on the tv. Much like blizz, I wasn't great at it at first but now I can hit any button just like that. Its came pretty useful over the years.

poxy

Years ago I had a VCR I lost a remote for, so I taped a button pushing lever to the thing and tied a string around it. The string went under the VCR along the wall and the ceiling to the other side of the room above my bed.  8)

Though I could only change the channel one way..
My Project: ShowHide

tSwitch

I buy sliced bread.

It just occurred to me that the things you list as lazy skills were actually produced by constant practice and determination, and thus produced by effort.  Not lazy.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

SquareMan

i learned to always use keyboard shortcuts on my pc.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

WhiteRose

Quote from: Square Man on August 10, 2010, 10:44:23 pm

Well, that's certainly unusual, alright.

Blizzard

August 11, 2010, 02:30:11 am #7 Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:31:19 am by Blizzard
Quote from: NAMKCOR on August 10, 2010, 09:33:09 pm
It just occurred to me that the things you list as lazy skills were actually produced by constant practice and determination, and thus produced by effort.  Not lazy.

Not necessarily. They may have been produced by effort, but that effort was minimal. It took me years to learn to cut bread that way since:
1. I don't eat/cut bread that often.
2. The effort needed to do that is minimal.
3. The effort is less than taking the cutting board and then cutting.
4. Just because effort was put into them, doesn't mean that laziness isn't the cause of those skills.

You're completely missing the point of this topic.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on August 11, 2010, 02:30:11 am
It just occurred to me that the things you list as lazy skills were actually produced by constant practice and determination, and thus produced by effort.  Not lazy.

Not necessarily. They may have been produced by effort, but that effort was minimal. It took me years to learn to cut bread that way since:
4. Just because effort was put into them, doesn't mean that laziness isn't the cause of those skills.

I was making a joke.

G_G

My god so do I xD I started doing it when I first got my laptop then it stuck to me. I hate using the mouse.

Blizzard

Quote from: NAMKCOR on August 11, 2010, 08:56:41 am
It just occurred to me that the things you list as lazy skills were actually produced by constant practice and determination, and thus produced by effort.  Not lazy.

I was making a joke.

*is looking for the sarcasm smiley* I can't find it.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on August 11, 2010, 09:25:13 am
Quote from: NAMKCOR on August 11, 2010, 08:56:41 am

I was making a joke.

*is looking for the sarcasm smiley* I can't find it.

That's because sarcasm is pointless when indicated with a smley. It's most fun when people think you are serious.

tSwitch

Blizzard

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on August 11, 2010, 04:20:52 pm
That isn't sarcasm, that's misleading.

joke != sarcasm.
Also I know Ms.Leading and she's a very nice woman :(

Blizzard

element

I have a really usefull skill.
I can make myself sick in bout 10 minutes of thinking.
usefull when u don't want to go to somewhere.

Zeriab

Quote from: NAMKCOR on August 11, 2010, 01:17:34 pm
smiley or it wasn't a joke.

Fixed*

I am not sure if I have any skills unusual or not which I developed due to laziness.
It requires introspective thinking which I am too lazy to do

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on August 12, 2010, 02:09:39 am
You had sex with her, didn't you? :V:

I would have but it turned out she was a guy, and I don't appreciate being misled.
If he had just told me from the start things might have been different.

Blizzard

ForeverZer0

Quote from: NAMKCOR on August 12, 2010, 08:39:53 am
Quote from: Blizzard on August 12, 2010, 02:09:39 am
You had sex with her, didn't you? :V:

I would have but it turned out she was a guy, and I don't appreciate being misled.
If he had just told me from the start things might have been different.

Should have done it anyway. Have some of that angry sex...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

SquareMan

Quote from: game_guy on August 11, 2010, 09:08:06 am

My god so do I xD I started doing it when I first got my laptop then it stuck to me. I hate using the mouse.

thats the same way it started for me 8)
also i have deveolped the skill to cloup my desktop with shortcuts to every program i use on my pc becuz i am to lazy to open the start menu and look for the program in the all programs list, i do this at the expense of a slow desktop :P
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Ryex

Quote from: SquareMan on August 13, 2010, 03:26:39 pm
Quote from: game_guy on August 11, 2010, 09:08:06 am

thats the same way it started for me 8)
also i have deveolped the skill to cloup my desktop with shortcuts to every program i use on my pc becuz i am to lazy to open the start menu and look for the program in the all programs list, i do this at the expense of a slow desktop :P

I can beat you both, at one point in time I got tired of hold ctrl and THEN pressing the letter for the short cut, so i macro-ed the shortcuts to single buttons on my keyboard... I don't have the keyboard any more though.

as for skills developed out of lazyness... nope can think of any
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

August 26, 2010, 02:39:05 am #23 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:40:17 am by Blizzard
I can figure out people very quickly because I am too lazy to spend time with them to get to know them eventually. It's a very useful skill in different areas, especially when meeting new people and women. xD I can point at a person and say "That one isn't the kind of woman I want to be with. And that there? Well, she might be. Let's see what she has to offer besides her looks." xD