[XP] Mouse Map Menu

Started by nathmatt, August 07, 2010, 10:27:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

August 07, 2010, 11:28:05 pm #20 Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:36:18 pm by Protoss
Its pefect now!!! its Great! :D!
*Lvl up*
Oh man Ive been waiting for this.
if I'll have any suggestions or I'll find a bug I'll let ya know

Edit:
ok i got a small suggestion (idk if its actually small)
umm so the icon lets me get to the scenes with an Icon click
is there a way to put a "exit" Icon on every scene?
if you get what I mean, like you go into Items and in Items there will appear an exit icon that if I click on it it'll be back to scene_map.

nathmatt

update 1.11 fixed the opacity change on icons when disabled and added the ability to add a picture behind the commands
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

arialks

im getting an error, and im guessing its because I dont have the background picture :shy:
but what name does the background have?? o-o

p.s,
for background i though its like putting one pictur only
like here

its made in paint  :^_^':, but u get my point

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

arialks

Scripit 'IconMouse' line 87: NoMethodError Occurred.
undefined method '[]' for true:TrueClass

nathmatt

thats becase you dont set it to true to use it you put the graphic and it creates a picture for each command to use just would require a 1 little editing
Join Dead Frontier
My script

arialks

August 08, 2010, 01:46:19 am #26 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:29:55 am by arialks
idk what did you do in the editing scripit, but now im unable to add more icons
i mean more then 1, more icons wont be displayed..

and because your taking off the previouse versions, I dont have the 1.11 one, which is good X:
X: which means im screwed until you logon again D:

Shalaren

Quote from: arialks on August 08, 2010, 01:46:19 am
idk what did you do in the editing scripit, but now im unable to add more icons
i mean more then 1, more icons wont be displayed..

and because your taking off the previouse versions, I dont have the 1.11 one, which is good X:
X: which means im screwed until you logon again D:

Yep I should of just stayed with the 1.11 too  :^_^':
meh,
anyway as for the backgeound, did you test the scripit? did it work for you? S:

nathmatt

update: 1:13 fixed dispose bug & added the ability to use a picture window
Join Dead Frontier
My script

arialks

Alright cool, *lvl up*
though I just dont seem to find how to make the window work now :P
and another thing if possible, instead of each icon to have its own background, to put one background for all icons,
besically it works just like that if there was a way to put a background only for the first Icon
and this way it feets for all

Shalaren

Man I'm probably pissing you off now arent I? S:
I found a bug
the background is displayed in side the other Scenes without the icons

nathmatt

August 08, 2010, 12:26:23 pm #31 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:45:22 pm by nathmatt
no its my fault for not disposing them im on my psp will fix as soon as i can

edit: update: 1.14 fixed the where background pictures wouldn't dispose

edit2: sorry about the double post just noticed it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

lvl up
:urgh: but I have another suggestion
put an exit Icon in all the scenes other than the Scene_map
so if you get into lets say
the Scene_Item so you'll have an Icon that will get you to Scene_Map

legacyblade

That's something you'd do in a CMS. This isn't a CMS, but the base for one. It'd be pretty easy to add an exit icon into the icons during the setup of the scene, and remove it once it's clicked and you're returning to scene_map.

arialks

and um S: how do I do that when you get into a Scene, once u exit it it wont go to Menu? X:

Shalaren

look at the Scene's pages and look for
"    # Switch to map screen
    $scene = Scene_Menu.new"
change the Menu to Map

nathmatt

if you would have read the scenes instructions you would no creating a scene named Back goes to scene map when ur not in it and when you are calls Scene_End
Join Dead Frontier
My script

ojp2010

Is there a way you can make it so that you can call the scenes not only by clicking on them but also by lets say press 'I' on the keyboard and opening Items scene?

nathmatt

update: 1.15 improved the code a bit and added ability to call the scenes with a defined key
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Wizered67

Its not that big of a deal, but whenever you click to select one of these, it will trigger events in front of you....