[XP] Mouse Map Menu

Started by nathmatt, August 07, 2010, 10:27:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

update 1:16 fixed event trigger error
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

ojp2010

Returns errors if you use it with ABS and RMX-OS can't call scene with direct keys either just makes a noise and doesn't do anything. Tried to fix it with no luck.

nathmatt

the errors you get might help ?
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Shalaren

Quote from: ojp2010 on August 28, 2010, 09:47:12 pm
Returns errors if you use it with ABS and RMX-OS can't call scene with direct keys either just makes a noise and doesn't do anything. Tried to fix it with no luck.

he's not getting any errors,
I know what he has, when he's clicking the icons, instead of moving to the scene
its just makes the "fail" sound track, is if its blocked.
I have that too. I would say its a bug.

Wizered67

I'm having no problems, and I'm using Blizz-ABS and RMX-OS.

nathmatt

update 1.17 fixed where i forgot to add the scene call to the scene call keys

try it now tell me if that fixed it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

ojp2010

Sorry I wasn't clear in my early post, script works great. However, is there anyway to make it so once the you click or use a direct hotkey to call a scene that you can just the direct hotkey to then return to the map scene?  Example, Press 'I' to call Items scene then press 'I' to close the item scene and return to the map scene.

nathmatt

that's something you add to the scene it self
Join Dead Frontier
My script

ojp2010

Quote from: nathmatt on August 29, 2010, 06:12:57 pm
that's something you add to the scene it self

That would make sense, thanks.

ojp2010

Is there a way to make it so the buttons fade a little bit when the player moves under them at the edge of the screen?

nathmatt

update 1.18 reworked the code and made the menu fade when under it like Blizzards hud
Join Dead Frontier
My script

ojp2010

September 07, 2010, 09:03:12 am #52 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:23:31 am by ojp2010
Lvl up! Great add and thanks for the quick response.

Edit: Only problem now it that when I set X = 0 and Y = 5 it only shows the first two buttons and doesn't even show the background image I am using for the buttons. I copy and pasted, re-entered my scenes, hotkeys, and images. Did I do something wrong?

nathmatt

September 07, 2010, 10:46:40 am #53 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:54:47 am by nathmatt
i will look into it it might have happened when i reworked the code

update 1:18 fixed alignment bug
Join Dead Frontier
My script

ojp2010

Fixed alignment issue, but still only show a background for the first button.

nathmatt

update 1.20 fixed where the back picture would only be displayed on button
Join Dead Frontier
My script

ojp2010

I got an error in game when I moved the character under the buttons

Spoiler: ShowHide
Line 195 
        @back.opacity -= 25 if @back.opacity.opacity > 80 if @back != nil

Spoiler: ShowHide

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
My script

ojp2010

Quote from: nathmatt on September 07, 2010, 06:48:37 pm
update 1.21 fixed above bug

Copied the new script added my buttons and custom stuff to the configuration part and still got the same error returned? Did I not do something right?

nathmatt

sorry about that i had .opacity.opacity that is what was causing your error it should be fixed now

update 1:22 fixed bug
Join Dead Frontier
My script