[RESOLVED]SHOULD BE EASY

Started by jayje, August 09, 2010, 07:39:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jayje

August 09, 2010, 07:39:12 am Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:23:18 am by jayje
I'm looking to change a monster's battler graphic. I'm not transforming it, just change it, i tried using@data_enemies[1].battler_name, but it didn't work. any ideas or did i mess up somewhere?

Blizzard

Make a copy of the enemy with a different graphic and transform it into that one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

jayje

i know THAT :haha:. i wanted to change the graphic because i have a boss that's a clam and every so often it goes into it's shell and is impervious to attack then comes out of the shell. i don't want to do the whole transform thing because that would make it a WHOLE other monster and i would have to more steps(making variables that set the two monsters hp, sp, etc when they change) than i'd want to make that work. that's why i was looking for a simple graphice change code to change the battler and give the boss a status change.

Blizzard

The stats stay the same when you transform a monster. If the only difference  between two monsters is the graphic, then you virtually only change the graphic when you transform from one to another.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Does the current HP stay the same as well?

Blizzard

Yes. *points to Game_Enemy#transform*

def transform(enemy_id)
   @enemy_id = enemy_id
   @battler_name = $data_enemies[@enemy_id].battler_name
   @battler_hue = $data_enemies[@enemy_id].battler_hue
   make_action
 end

In fact, Game_Enemy#transform does exactly the thing jayle was trying to do.