Ryex

August 13, 2010, 12:42:02 pm Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:15:34 am by Ryex
Mouse Window API
Authors: Ryex
Version: 2.0
Type: Scripter API for the creation of mouse controllable windows
Key Term: Scripting Tool

Introduction

I developed this as part of Remexos, however, I decided that it was too good to deprive the community of, as such I asked for permission to release the API to the public.

Features

• Drag-able windows
  • scrollable windows contents
  • Check box control
  • List box control
  • Button control
  • IconBox control
  • IconBox List control
  • Right Click Windows
  • hover functionality
  • data dragging
  • put an icon under the mouse when dragging data
  • all controls can be disabled
  • a window controller that handles all input and allows for easy window updating
  • a control call back system that allows a button to call a method in any currently class when clicked
  • the project comes with two sample windows featuring all the features and a sample scene that replaces the title screen to so how the API works
  • it is simple to create more controls than the ones provides in the mouse window system
  • it would be simple to add a skinning system to the API windows instead of the default black and white
  • the API is full commented

Screenshots

NA

Demo

.7z archive - can be opened with the free, open source program 7-zip
Mediafire

Script

contains only .txt files of the script's parts. full dependencies not included, see demo for all required scripts
Mediafire

Instructions

See Demo Project

Compatibility

This API Requires Blizzard's Mouse Controller and either Custom Controls from Tons of Add-ons, Blizz-ABS or RMX-OS.
It may work with another mouse system out of the box but it might take some editing of the two systems.

Credits and Thanks

• Ryex
  • G_G, for the template of the Check box control, saved me a few hours of work

Author's Notes

This was developed as part of Remexos, please support the project. Any bugs or questions? Ask here.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

stripe103

Finally a public window script that works! :D

nathmatt

August 13, 2010, 03:56:35 pm #3 Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:58:18 pm by nathmatt
BTW add this so it never needs to be updated

$mouse_window_controller = Mouse_Window::Controller.new
#==============================================================================
# module Input

module Input

class << Input
   alias update_Mouse_Window update
 end

def self.update
   $mouse_window_controller.update
   update_Mouse_Window
 end

end

edit a suggestion icon buttons
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Ryex

Quote from: nathmatt on August 13, 2010, 03:56:35 pm
BTW add this so it never needs to be updated

$mouse_window_controller = Mouse_Window::Controller.new
# module Input

module Input

class << Input
   alias update_Mouse_Window update
 end

def self.update
   $mouse_window_controller.update
   update_Mouse_Window
 end

end

edit a suggestion icon buttons

scripters can do that at their own discretion
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

August 21, 2010, 03:33:08 pm #5 Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:46:47 pm by Ryexander
* sniff*  :'( y-you d-don't like it? *sniff*
yay moved!  :P

Blizzard

*fixes the compatibility listing and some grammar*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

Ryex

1.5 is out
new features and lots of functionality has been added to the existing ones

ojp2010

Could you turn this in a CMS per say? Like create a box that calls a players items and lists them or calls a players buddy list and list them. Would being using this for RMX-OS

Ryex

It could be used to create any sort of user interface, but will I? no.

ojp2010

Alright well the direct key call isn't that big of a deal. I can live without that, but is there any way you could help me with editing this for my use? I would like to use it for a RMX-OS game I am working on. I am gathering the core system stuff right now and this script would make a great improvement to that database.

Ryex

there is no editing involved. it is a scripting TOOL. it dose nothing on its own. now if you want to use it to create a system, go right ahead, post here if you have question as to how certain things work. but don't expect me to explain everything. the classes are well commented for a reason. so that some one reading the script could figure it out on their own.

ojp2010

Alright, well thank you for the info. I am going to looking to it.

Wizered67

In the demo provided, in the item list it shows all the items in the database. How would I change it so that it only shows the items you have?

Ryex

wow, really? you couldn't just look at how the item menu dose it?
btw if you want to make an inventory be aware that the prospect is a semi difficult one

Wizered67

I did look at how the item menu did it, but I wasn't able to get it to work.

Ryex

well the way the item menu dose it you get an array of RPG::Item/Weapon/Armor instances. then iterate through that array and create a data array that is formated properly for the iconbox_list control

Wizered67

October 05, 2010, 07:48:08 pm #18 Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:04:45 pm by Wizered67
Thanks! I finnaly got it to work!  :bow:

edit: One more quick question. What does the right click window do? I saw it while looking at the test window 2, but whenever I right click on the check box it gives a "failed to create bitmap" error.

Ryex

version 2.0 is out. fixes close to 20 small errors caused by stupidity and finishes hover functionality.

read the fist post.