Sprites animation software

Started by Dweller, August 13, 2010, 06:22:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller

I`m using Gif animator and Beneton Movie Gif to anime some of my sprites (out of RPGMaker). I´m wondering if exist a software that recognize RPGMaker 4x4 sprites format and anime them on a gif ( I searched on google but didn´t find anything)
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

G_G

if I can figure out how to make gifs in c# I could easily do this.

Dweller

After google search I didn´t find any software that convert RPGMakerXP charactersheets to an animated gif. It will be great if you do this. I can´t help you on C# but searching for animated GIF and C# and there is a lot of info.
Dwellercoc

G_G

Okay well I need to know a few things first.

Do you want each direction exported as an individual gif or the whole sprite exported into one gif.

Dweller

Each direction exported as an individual gif.
Dwellercoc

G_G

August 16, 2010, 10:43:56 am #5 Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:35:36 pm by game_guy
Gotchya, I decided to implement both options. You can check which one you want. Though I'm having troubles with some code I found to make a gif. It makes the animation flawlessly except it makes the 2nd frame have a black background color bu the rest are transparent.

EDIT: There only seems to be one workaround. You are going to have to add some sort of background color to your sprite. Like magenta is probably the best.
(R: 255 G: 0 B: 255) Then when you export the sprite it'll make the gifs transparent. But the code I have that makes the image into a gif adds a black background and adds different colors in the corner of the animation.

EDIT 2: Even the above isn't working. I can erase the background color if it has one. But it stops animating the image.  If the image is transparent, it makes the image background black. If I try to erase the black, it makes some of it transparent, leaves the 2nd or 3rd frame background black, then leaves different colors in each frame in a corner.

This is really frustrating >_>

EDIT 3: Well unless I can find someway to make an animated gif transparent in c# your going to have to place a background color behind your sprite, and your animated gifs will also have that transparency. :(
Its rediculous :(

EDIT 4: I found a way better gif library. This should be done soon =D

EDIT 5: Nevermind. It doesn't work.

G_G

Odd. The pixel int he corner problem only appeared on the 001-Fighter01 and 002-Fighter02. However the rest of the RTP sprites which were transparent didn't have that problem. (Tested most but not all)

Looks like this came out perfect <3 I'll edit this post when I'm done posting the program.

Dweller

QuoteLooks like this came out perfect <3 I'll edit this post when I'm done posting the program.

:) congratulations and thanks for your hard work. When I wrote this post I was looking for a software that can convert rpgmaker XP character sheets in to animated Gifs, never thought that you gonna program one.
Dwellercoc

G_G

Actually, the bug of leaving a few pixels still exists. I couldn't see the pixels because they were white. But its really not that noticable.

Anyways here you go. :) http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7251.new.html#new Be sure to at least read Known Bugs.

Delusian

Its awesome :) I have no doubt i'll end up using this at some point, great work as usual G_G

G_G