PACMAN :) help

Started by punk_Blood, August 13, 2010, 07:30:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

punk_Blood

okey dokey! i ish going to have an arcade in my game and i was thinnking of having old games in the arcade playable like PacMan and i was hoping for a little help... i want to make the title screen like pacman then show new game, high scores, and exit right? well how would i do that with events and no "Show choice" thingy ... like if you push down change graphic to this ... then this and ect.
just because im dead doesnt mean that i cant be alive

Hellfire Dragon

What your looking for is an Advanced Title Screen script. There's a few around, I think there's one on RPG Revolution, not sure if there's one here. I had but I can't find it :/ I'll look around and post/edit if I find it ;)

Oh, and it's basically using a map as background instead of text, where all events still work.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on August 14, 2010, 03:30:15 am
What your looking for is an Advanced Title Screen script. There's a few around, I think there's one on RPG Revolution, not sure if there's one here. I had but I can't find it :/ I'll look around and post/edit if I find it ;)

I don't think that's quite the thing for which he's looking, though I could be wrong. From what I understood, this is part of a larger game, not a stand-alone game, and thus the custom title-screen wouldn't quite fit the bill.

stripe103

August 14, 2010, 05:17:03 am #3 Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 05:24:24 am by stripe103
Check the Evented 3 image title screen that I've made in my "My stuff" in my sig.

If you want to use it I can make the changes you need. Right now it is a replace for the original title screen but it can be changed to work anywhere in the game.

Event Master

If this is a minigame, you COULD make a new Scene_whatever.

Just copy Scene_Title, make your edits, then make whatever you need to call it, and presto! New menu thingy!
World's Greatest Gravedigger

punk_Blood

its not though...

like you know how in some games you can walk up to an arcade and play minigames on there? thats what i mean ... not like a new menu selection cuz i know how to do that
just because im dead doesnt mean that i cant be alive

ShadowPierce

->Anyone here played GTA: San Andreas? I think he's going for going for something like the arcades there... :D

If I finish Wipe's demo early, I'll make this for you since it's not that hard to event... :haha:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

GTA: SA was awesome. I played through that game 3 times in a row with a pause of a few weeks between the 2nd and 3rd playthrough where the 2nd and 3rd playthrough were 100% unlike the first one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.