Good GBA games

Started by legacyblade, August 15, 2010, 10:45:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

I'm going to be dragged off on a week long terrible vacation with no internet soon. So I'm acquiring lots of GBA games. Anyone have some good ideas for games? I'd just play FFTA, like usual, but I have played that game to DEATH. I kill everything in 1 hit, and I can't complete the dispatch missions because two of the items I took on a mission you can't cancel are stuck in that mission (I kept putting the mission off, and finally it canceled itself. With my items lost forever).

SO, any good games? I already have Cima, Tales of Phantasia, the GBA Zeldas, Advanced Wars, Yoshi's island, mario and luigi superstar saga, FFTA, all the GBA final fantasys, sword of mana, and Worms World Party. I'm not opposed to non-RPG games, but I absolutely hate tower defense games unless it's plants vs. zombies.

Kett Shee

Metroid Fusion. 'Nuff said.

EDIT: Also Riviera: The Promised Land.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

WhiteRose

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Fantastic action RPG. Castlevania Circle of the Moon is good, as well. The other ones I didn't like as much, but that may be personal opinion.

Vell

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Vell

YES, Someone ELSE said it. :3

I was beginning to worry I was the only Golden Sun fan at this place.

Blizzard

Get the Megaman Zero games. They were decent and refreshing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Cait Sith on August 15, 2010, 10:58:17 pm

This. THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

Also, besides stuff that has been said before, definitely Tales of Phantasia. Every "Tales of" game is worth a play, that's just how this world works.

legacyblade

Thanks for all the suggestions ^.^ And Blizz, I agree. I always get a tales of game when it comes out for my system. I already had my eye on Riviera, so I'll check it out.

And I know I'll get hate mail for this, but I don't like the golden sun games. I used to own them, and I beat them multiple times, but I've never liked them. Random battles have always been kind of annoying to me. I'll put up with them, but the sheer amount of them in the golden sun games and final fantasy 7 are a turn off for me.

And I've never heard of Yggdra Union before. I'll have to do some googling.

*writes up a list including Riviera, the megaman games, metroid, castlevania (just a sweet transvestite :P), and Yggdra Union*

ShinyToyGuns

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story = Epic

The second one isn't as good, but it's still a great game :D
Days
I've missed so many days
In a world that has become an unfamiliar place
Now to you, I'm just an unfamiliar face

~Shiny Toy Guns, Blown Away (2008)

Subsonic_Noise

I SAID TALES OF PHANTASIA GOD DAMMIT

Fallen Angel X

Super Mario World Advance 2
Tetris, oh god yes, Tetris
Kirby games too
Pokemon, why no pokemon? =\

Dweller

GB --> tetris (university days...)
GBA --> Golden Sun
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

legacyblade

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on August 16, 2010, 06:35:07 pm
I SAID TALES OF PHANTASIA GOD DAMMIT

O.o oh wow, i accidentally wrote bliz instead of sub. I shouldn't post late at night.

@toyguns, I'll have to check it out. I haven't ever heard of it, so to the googlemobile!

@FAX, eewwww, not tetris. That game bothers me. And I've already played all the pokemon games on GBA to death. I'll get the kirby games and SMW though.

Vell

Quote from: legacyblade on August 16, 2010, 05:17:19 pm
Random battles have always been kind of annoying to me. I'll put up with them, but the sheer amount of them in the golden sun games

What the hell are you talking about; the encounter rate in Golden Sun for random battles is far lower than your typical JRPG.

legacyblade

August 18, 2010, 01:05:14 pm #15 Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:10:38 pm by legacyblade
Not in the giant head in golden sun two, and in the cave leading to the last lighthouse in golden sun one. Maybe I was just younger and less tolerant of random battles, but I've beaten the games multiple times each, so I think I'm just golden sunned out :P

Vell

I am satisfied with this answer.

impulszero

if not too late:

-Super Robot Taisen 1 & 2
-Summon Night  1 & 2
-Sword Of Mana
-Zone of the Enders - The Fist of Mars
-Megamen Zero series
-Lunar Legend
-Lufia - The Ruins of Lore
-Castlevania series

cant get bored with this :). it should keep you busy for some time
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

Blizzard

Sword of Mana is almost the same game as Mystic Quest. IMO outdated. And Lufia 3 was so annoying that at one point I turned on cheats because I was interested in the story (which wasn't all that great in the end anyway). Sword of Mana is still ok, but don't get Lufia 3.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on August 16, 2010, 04:53:06 pm
Quote from: Cait Sith on August 15, 2010, 10:58:17 pm

This. THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

Also, besides stuff that has been said before, definitely Tales of Phantasia. Every "Tales of" game is worth a play, that's just how this world works.

Tails of Phantasia is one awesome game, it is also one long ass game. no really. I can easily put the same time it take to play through both gs 1 and gs 2 in to one play though of tails of phantasia
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />