Project: Aura, sprites and more

Started by [Faint], August 19, 2010, 08:46:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

King Munkey

Icons look a lot better with the fixed gloss.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

[Faint]

Thanks, I have been really busy with some other stuff in my life last day or two, but I am going to see if I can manage to get another sprite done.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Shalaren

your spriting is great :D, really like the style, though the hair looks kind of, short - ish..

[Faint]

[Faint]

Hey guys (and girls), I need some help. I need some ideas as to what the 3rd release should possibly look like. Toss me some ideas.

I really dont want to take this really cheap and already made sprite idea. :( (recolor of Ragnarok Online's "Garm")
Spoiler: ShowHide

ShadowPierce

->How about claws? Or make one arm covered in ice all the way to make a spike/sword? :D

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

[Faint]

Hmm claws are kind of hard to really show in detail on a sprite. and the ice sword arm thing is cliche imo. But I did work with the idea of a sword and decided to have the final for look like the second but also for a nice ice sword for him to wield.

*UPDATED FIRST*

ShadowPierce

->Well, those are just the first things that popped into my mind... :P

IMO, the arm-sword isn't too cliche, but it's still your decision that counts... :haha: Hmmm... Then I'll just tell you some more of my opinions... I think that the ice element would look better on a katana than a broadsword, and maybe try making him give off some sort of aura... Also, adding ice to his other arm would probably look better... And I think the sword seems too square-ish... :^_^':

I really like your graphical style... Hope your project doesn't get abandoned... :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

[Faint]

take a look at Yu Yu Hakusho and look at Team Masho during the Dark Tournament  series. Touya the Ice Master uses the ice sword on the arm thing. Thats what it makes me think of. I was contemplating the Katana also, but the only problem is thats really cliche too. lots of "cool character that summon swords" use a katana lol. thats why I went with a slightly broader sword. as for square-ish....hmmm well the only part I can see that is really like that is the tip and that is because the outline is a dark color so it ends up blending with the shoes kind of. If I lighten the color then it is hard to see over the ice >_<

King Munkey

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey