Eccentric or insane?

Started by Blizzard, August 22, 2010, 01:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I was thinking about this and that and a thought crossed my mind. If you had to pick one of those, which one would you take? Let me just clarify first...

Eccentric would mean that you have to alter your behavior while your mind stays the same. So you stay your current self and there is no damage to your mind.
Insane would mean that your mind will be altered and while your behavior does not change. So you will continue acting as before, but your mind will suffer irreparable damage.

So... If you had to make a choice between those two and had to pick one, which would you prefer to become?
And no, you can't pick both. They are contradictory in this context. xD And you can't choose a compromise.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Well, I would chose eccentric. Not only because it's what I already am (lol), but I also think that, while my behaviour, which defines me for other people, would change, I would essentially stay the same person and still have an amount of control, while if I would chose insanity, it would be like giving up who I am to become a new person. Perhaps one that would act the same as before, but in the core a different one - a damaged one, even. I would lose control of my mind and that would be something I really don't need to happen to me.

I just noticed my arguementations suck.

Blizzard

Not really. I'd do the same. Screw it if I'm not me anymore. I'd rather just become crazy for everybody else than crazy for myself.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Technically, the definition of insane in a psychological sense is the inability to tell the difference between right and wrong. So to become insane is to lose your definition of good and evil, basically.

That said, I'd rather choose eccentric, since obviously we're going by the rules and definitions given in the opening post. Basically, I'd rather become more weird(or pehaps more normal considering how off-the-wall I am usually) than lose my sense of self.

winkio

It seems to me that people who value self-image will choose insanity, while people that value self-worth will choose eccentricity.

Vell

I care more about myself and how I view myself than how others view me. The people that matter will still see the same person.

poxy

Technically, insanity is a medical condition and eccentricity is a description of people with behavior outside social norms. You could say many insane people are eccentric because they have odd behavior...

Anyway, I think I'm a bit of both. /win /joke?

By your definition, I would choose eccentricity. Insanity would just leave me brain damage (last thing I'd want).
My Project: ShowHide

Blizzard

I know what insanity and eccentricity are. That's why I explained their meaning in this context.

Quote from: Executor winkio on August 22, 2010, 07:42:43 pm
It seems to me that people who value self-image will choose insanity, while people that value self-worth will choose eccentricity.

That's exactly the same conclusion I have drawn while posting this topic.