Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

Started by Blizzard, August 23, 2010, 02:51:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Coming November 1st on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, PC and Mac!

Set in a beautiful, hand drawn alternative 19th century world, Kaptain Brawe's cartoon appearance will suit younger, as well as mature players, who enjoy games filled with humorous storyline and challenging puzzles.

Step into the world of interstellar travel, where Space Pirates lurk at every corner. Kaptain Brawe, a Space Police officer will embark on a journey filled with quests, conspiracies and general chaos, as he follows the lead of two kidnapped alien scientists.

• reveal the greatest conspiracy in the Space Age

• travel and explore 5 planets

• be part of an intriguing and hilarious storyline

• meet the space pirates, Interstellar government, secret agents and more

Pre-orders starting September 15 for special price 15% OFF!

More information here.

I am in no way affiliated with Cateia Games. :V (That is massive sarcasm, I work for this company. xD)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I really need to get this game. I love the wooden robot xD <3

Blizzard

The game will have a feeling similar to Monkey Island. From the screens I've seen from the game, it's gonna be awesome. <3
He's not called Rowboat for nothing. At one point in the game you use him as a wooden boat. xD

Lucky me, the beta should be done this weekend so I'll get to play it two months before you do. <3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

SquareMan

Why is Cateia Games just seem to keep churning out games? I'm not saying thats a bad thing but, almost every time i look in this section of the forum i see a new thread by Blizz and sure enough he's advertising a Cateia game.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Blizzard

August 28, 2010, 05:01:22 am #5 Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:05:44 am by Blizzard
Because we work on several games at the same time. One games takes about half a year to get done when working on it from scratch or 2-3 months when using an engine we have already made. So it's just natural that we release a game every 2-3 months.

The game development industry is like that. If you make one really good game, nobody will care because you are an unknown developer and you will have wasted 3 years working on something that's not going to become known. First you need to fight your way through with many simpler and smaller games until you become known enough that bigger publishers won't see a risk in you but instead a safe investment. Big companies don't take risks. That's why we make so many games. That and we're well organized and work fulltime.

At this very moment we have 5 games in progress. (This is not an official statement, I'm not the PR person in the company.) When you see the credits running for MB when it's released, you will notice that there only 5 people who actually worked on the game. I did the most of the programming, did the map design and worked on the game concept. One collegue did the art and helped a bit with the concept. Another one helped more with the concept. One collegue did the music and one collegue took care of the Mac OS and iOS ports. And that's that. The other 4 didn't do so much work as I. I worked on it constantly while they were working on other projects in the meantime. This is how it works.

Short answer: We keep churning out games because this is what you need to do if you want to establish yourself in the game development industry and because we're organized that way.

SquareMan

ohh ok i see, i dont really know a lot about the game deveolpment industry, except that they make games, lol

Blizzard

Trust me, it sucks if you get a great game done and then nobody wants to sell it. xD

SquareMan

Blizzard

I think that with MB and Brawe we're setting a new internal standard for our future games. Heck, I've been working on MB for 6 months and I'm still not tired of working on it. And Brawe looks just so entertaining that I can't wait until it's in Beta so I can play it. :D

megaman30796

QuoteIf you make one really good game, nobody will care because you are an unknown developer and you will have wasted 3 years working on something that's not going to become known.

Dont worry.....it may not be famous out there but its always the best in this forum coz every1 knows u..
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

Blizzard

This forum is a good place to advertise the games of our company, that's true. xD

Blizzard

I just wanted to say that you can buy Kaptain Brawe on Steam now. <3