Interact with Terrain Tag? [RESOLVED]

Started by happyman, August 23, 2010, 01:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

August 23, 2010, 01:35:32 pm Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:32:36 pm by happyman
Is it possible to call a common event whenever my character examines a tile with a terrain tag?  This would have to be the tile in front of the character, not the current tile the character is on.

I'm asking because I've written my own fishing event system, contained within one common event.  I want the player to fish in water anywhere in my game, but I don't want to put an event on every water tile (I've tried that, and of course it was horrible).  There must be a better way.

EDIT: Also, since I don't want to make two posts at once, I'm looking for good HP/SP Bars to be on screen at all times.  (It's called a HUD, right?)  But the only bars I can find are BlizzABS-only, and I'm not using BlizzABS.  Help?

Blizzard

Tons of Add-ons has a HUD that works with the normal map. It's similar to the Blizz-ABS HUD but without Blizz-ABS.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

stripe103

I'll see if I can get time to make you an event tomorrow. I already have some ideas on how to.

G_G

August 23, 2010, 06:53:06 pm #3 Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:33:28 pm by game_guy
Here you go. This is exactly what you need with the terrain tags. Run the demo, go near the water and press space. Quite awesome in my opinion. <3

EDIT: http://decisive-games.com/ggp/Terrain%20Tags.exe
If that doesn't work try this
http://decisive-games.com/ggp/Terrain%20Tags.zip

stripe103

happyman

This is bloody brilliant and it's exactly what I needed.  Thanks Game Guy!

And thanks Blizz for the HUD tip!  I'll look it up :)