Could I request a graphical favor?

Started by Ryex, August 26, 2010, 12:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

yea...the original file would help for background purposes. Other than that...the size is good for an avatar.

36inc

September 23, 2010, 01:42:22 pm #21 Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:19:23 pm by 36inc
I could try at it,Its the least I could do sense I am using a few of your codes.

Edit: What about these?
I am Rose Erin.

Spaceman McConaughey

I like them. It's just, I feel they need improvement.

Good job, though.

But that isn't helpful:

Put some more effects on the text, and maybe try and make the colors in the first avatar's background not clash as much.

But I dunno. I may make stuff that looks nice, but when it comes to critiquing other peoples' work, I cannot describe it all right. ._.

36inc

Quote from: Branden on September 23, 2010, 07:53:10 pm
I like them. It's just, I feel they need improvement.

Good job, though.

But that isn't helpful:

Put some more effects on the text, and maybe try and make the colors in the first avatar's background not clash as much.

But I dunno. I may make stuff that looks nice, but when it comes to critiquing other peoples' work, I cannot describe it all right. ._.

Ill try new versions to see what fits best.(I dont ussualy like effects on the text sense it makes them harder to look at.sometimes)
I personaly liked the second one anyway,as i feel bird= minimalist
as to where something more like cats=special effects lol
I am Rose Erin.

Diokatsu

Second one is far superior, but the point is they have no unity. The effects clash and the entire feel is unnatural. The cutting is unprofessional and it just looks amateur.

Calintz

Unity or not...it's good work.
The cutting can be fixed simply by using an eraser brush and softening the outline. Problem solved.

@36inc:
The second job you posted is the best in this thread by my vote. Great job.

36inc

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 23, 2010, 08:44:35 pm
Second one is far superior, but the point is they have no unity. The effects clash and the entire feel is unnatural. The cutting is unprofessional and it just looks amateur.

well honestly I took about three seconds to make these I just happened to have my gimp open so I new my first try especialy was ganna look over done or underdone.thats why I made two.
I am Rose Erin.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Calintz on September 23, 2010, 10:10:31 pm
The cutting can be fixed simply by using an eraser brush and softening the outline. Problem solved.

@36inc:

Best he did, or out of all?

Diokatsu

September 23, 2010, 11:01:39 pm #28 Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:16:26 pm by Diokatsu

@36inc:

The fact that problems like that are prevalent is a bad sign. I'm not trying to insult him, I'm trying to tell him what he can improve. I think you honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Branden's is my choice for best in the thread. It's got subtle texture and and overall complete look.

And, 36inc, don't take it like an insult. They're fine, but I'm just being honest. I might disagree with the bishop-humping positive reinforcing that Calintz is doing, but I'm not say you should stop or anything. Just work on those points.

Here's mine. whatever. Threw this together.

Spaceman McConaughey

I like the way that looks. I like the sort of grungy, burnt parchment (or stone wall) look of its background.

And I feel the bird's high contrast look goes rather well with the text, as well as its background.

I am not brown-nosing as some people might probably post, I just do not see a thing wrong. :xD:

Overall, good job. :)

Diokatsu

Quote from: Branden on September 23, 2010, 11:22:23 pm
I like the way that looks. I like the sort of grungy, burnt parchment (or stone wall) look of its background.

And I feel the bird's high contrast look goes rather well with the text, as well as its background.

I am not brown-nosing as some people might probably post, I just do not see a thing wrong. :xD:

Overall, good job. :)

Thanks bro. I tried to go for an overall unified piece. I think it came out well in that respect. Not my usual style though. Ulta's were better:

Spaceman McConaughey

May not be your usual style, but still nice.

And those ones right there, they are pretty good. They do remind me more of your usual style, yes.

36inc

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 23, 2010, 11:01:39 pm

@36inc:

The fact that problems like that are prevalent is a bad sign. I'm not trying to insult him, I'm trying to tell him what he can improve. I think you honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Branden's is my choice for best in the thread. It's got subtle texture and and overall complete look.

And, 36inc, don't take it like an insult. They're fine, but I'm just being honest. I might disagree with the bishop-humping positive reinforcing that Calintz is doing, but I'm not say you should stop or anything. Just work on those points.

Here's mine. whatever. Threw this together.

Aww it no problem I did just throw it together because I could.
Im a better artist then editor.lol
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

September 24, 2010, 12:21:38 am #33 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:30:37 am by winkio
@Dio:
Spoiler: ShowHide
I cordially say...fuc* you. I've seen you constantly run your mouth to people acting like you're better than they are at damn near everything. You're a stuck up, self proclaimed know it all.

Even now..."here's mine. whatever. threw it together." you're like a schoolgirl. you were tested and bested...pride got damaged, and you made excuses as to why yours might not have been up to par, and now you feel the need to redeem yourself, or you never would have made another attempt. You don't like to settle for second best, but deal with it, because you suck.

So he didn't cut it well. I gave him a solution to the problem, so I probably helped him more than you did by simply throwing it back in his face, even though you'd 'later claim' (proof of the future accusation) that you're simply trying to help. Then, you try to use thought out reasoning to prove your points and make it appear as though your intentions are otherwise.

"Bishop-Humping Positive Reinforcing" he says...people don't grow or continue to have interest in things without positive support. If you beat people to the ground by calling them "amateurs" (even if they are!) for every attempt they make without providing a solution or some for of positive feedback (yours is either negative or neutral) and try to help them (wait! that sounds like you!) then they'll feel inadequate, and you're nothing more than a fuc**** bully.

Grow up! Don't respond unless you have something better to say than "hey! you made noticeable errors, therefore you suck. But I don't mean that. At least I didn't say it to put you down." Nobody wants to hear your belligerent ongoing rants of self-absorption.

His was the best "IN MY OPINION..." key words jackass...Then you taunt me. fuc* off cyber bully.
You honestly don't belong here. This is a community. People are supposed to help one another. The only thing I've seen you do is point out faults and put people down all the while trying to sound oh so impressive at everything you do. I've never seen you compliment anyone. (not saying you never have, just saying it's fuc**** rare)

I'm so done with you. You need to re-assess things kid.

Don't feed the trolls ;) - winkio

@36inc:
I used to doodle myself. upload some of your work sometime.

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on September 24, 2010, 12:21:38 am
@36inc:

I like the praise but I dont mind someone thinking it could use work,
All Art should need work.
the reason art is so perfect is because its so imperfect,only the eyes can tell you what is good or not.

So I dont mind,That and everyone has an ego,ESPECIALLY me.
My favorite line is "Im prettier then your girlfriend"
so if someone says something to inflate their ego.who am I to argue.
Lets all agree to be great.Cause were all good at that.
I am Rose Erin.

Diokatsu

September 24, 2010, 12:42:10 am #35 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:49:13 am by winkio
Let's me cut out your points and try and assess what you're actually trying to say.

@Dio:
I cordially say...fuc* you. I've seen you constantly run your mouth to people acting like you're better than they are at damn near everything. You're a stuck up, self proclaimed know it all.

Even now..."here's mine. whatever. threw it together." you're like a schoolgirl. you were tested and bested...pride got damaged, and you made excuses as to why yours might not have been up to par, and now you feel the need to redeem yourself, or you never would have made another attempt. You don't like to settle for second best, but deal with it, because you suck.

Alright, let me stop you right here. I'm proud to say I honestly don't suck. I'm not covering for anything at all. I said I threw it together to merely indicate that I'm not satisfied with the current result. I still think it's at least as good as Branden's first one. And this isn't something I've just suddenly acquired. I've practiced my technique, taken criticism and changed a lot of what I do. However, in comparison to the vast majority of people who attempt image editing on forums like this, I am better. Was I always this way? No. My first work was awful. But I've improved.

And I think I've improved to the point where I can offer criticism. that's much more constructive than "Unity or not...it's good work.
The cutting can be fixed simply by using an eraser brush and softening the outline." Essentially, you just took my entire post, disregarded the real evaluation I gave, and tossed my advice out the window. You're not helping when you take that kind of stance. I might be an asshole, but I'm a correct asshole.

So he didn't cut it well. I gave him a solution to the problem, so I probably helped him more than you did by simply throwing it back in his face, even though you'd 'later claim' (proof of the future accusation) that you're simply trying to help. Then, you try to use thought out reasoning to prove your points and make it appear as though your intentions are otherwise.

Nice. I like how you know how I think. I'll be sure to ask you next time I try and do something myself.

Honestly, I can't respond to this. You can think what you like about me.

"Bishop-Humping Positive Reinforcing" he says...people don't grow or continue to have interest in things without positive support. If you beat people to the ground by calling them "amateurs" (even if they are!) for every attempt they make without providing a solution or some for of positive feedback (yours is either negative or neutral) and try to help them (wait! that sounds like you!) then they'll feel inadequate, and you're nothing more than a fuc**** bully.

I'm pretty sure that I've never made myself out to be a nice person. You're entirely right. I don't like when people improve at all. I mean, I didn't compliment Branden for his work. I don't have a certain level of pride as a designer. Oh no, not pride in my work. It's not like I feel as I have an obligation to enforce quality. But, of course, you know me.

Grow up! Don't respond unless you have something better to say than "hey! you made noticeable errors, therefore you suck. But I don't mean that. At least I didn't say it to put you down." Nobody wants to hear your belligerent ongoing rants of self-absorption.

That's cool.

His was the best "IN MY OPINION..." key words jackass...Then you taunt me. fuc* off cyber bully.
You honestly don't belong here. This is a community. People are supposed to help one another. The only thing I've seen you do is point out faults and put people down all the while trying to sound oh so impressive at everything you do. I've never seen you compliment anyone. (not saying you never have, just saying it's fuc**** rare)

Cool story bro. I like how you say you haven't seen me compliment anyone and then clarify the sentiment which is entirely different from the content. It's funny.

Listen, I don't try to be a complete asshole, but that's generally that way I think. Sure, you might not like it, but I'm not someone who doesn't appreciate quality either. If someone comes out with quality work, I say something if it intrigues me. Subsonic, Blizzard, and Aqua are people I tend to respect and admire because they've proven themselves to be competent in their fields of work. I don't give out compliments very much because I have a distinct sense of quality. I hold myself to those standards as well. If I don't think something is worth posting, I'll tell you.

But I'm not doing it just for me. In fact, what do I get out of it? Nothing. I'm doing it so that people will get the idea that a community isn't run on unfinished, unprofessional ideas, but on improving the techniques you observe and create for yourself. You don't get many places with compliments if they aren't realistic. Once you produce work that shows improvement, I'll tell you. And that's my worth as a critic. I don't slide standards for amateurs and I'm honest. I might have high quality standards, but at least I'm not living with double standards.

winkio

argue with each other in spoilers, so that you don't clog up the thread.

Subsonic_Noise

September 24, 2010, 01:54:12 am #37 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:38:50 am by Subsonic_Noise
@Dio:

I'm homosexual ;) - Subsonic.  Not as homosexual as me! - winkio

@36inc:

If Dio was a school girl he totally would be a hot school girl. Just throwin that out there.

Also, I found his second one ti be alright, though the first one did kind of clash - Dio's doesn't load but I'll jus assume it was good, so we should wait for Ryex to say if he wants to use either of both.

36inc

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 24, 2010, 01:54:12 am
@Dio:

I'm homosexual ;) - Subsonic.  No really? - winkio

@36inc:

If Dio was a school girl he totally would be a hot school girl. Just throwin that out there.

Also, I found his second one ti be alright, though the first one did kind of clash - Dio's doesn't load but I'll jus assume it was good, so we should wait for Ryex to say if he wants to use either of both.

No matter which he chooses Im always the winner!
lol
With that said I made a fifteen minute long dance track.lol
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

@36inc:
Oh I completely agree with you! EVERY piece of work needs improvement in some aspect of it's original design. I'm sure if you look closely enough at the 'Mona Lisa' you could find something that could have been done just a smudge better!!

BUT!!
It's simply the way the arrogant fool says it to people that bothers me. He really likes to point out faults only. Then, he'll follow up by titling work (like calling the piece itself amateur. Even if it is, the label isn't necessary) He never points out the good in the work while he tries to find it's weaknesses, and I simply don't like the kid.

I feel like he is the kind of person who uses the internet as an escape. A place where he can feel more at home with himself and make other people feel a little worse about themselves because he may not be entirely happy with himself. He can act out his fantasy of supremacy...in short...the kid is a bully. MY OPINION, MY OPINION...

I didn't even bother to read his post, because that is how little I care about him or his thoughts. I said what I felt necessary to say. Period.

Anyway, you keep up the good work, and I'll keep supporting you. Like I said, try using a soft eraser to soften the edges on the future. It can really help to blend the picture into it's surroundings. For example, I'm no master, and I don't pretend to be, but in my signature you will notice this affect around Calintz's knees. Also, I used a blur on the areas I didn't care about, and sharpened the face, because I want the viewers to focus there. That is where the emotion is, and the clarity helps to draw the viewer's attention where I want it.

Keep the little things in the back of your mind whenever you work on any piece.
-Calintz-