Could I request a graphical favor?

Started by Ryex, August 26, 2010, 12:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on September 24, 2010, 03:12:47 am
@36inc:
Oh I completely agree with you! EVERY piece of work needs improvement in some aspect of it's original design. I'm sure if you look closely enough at the 'Mona Lisa' you could find something that could have been done just a smudge better!!

BUT!!
Spoiler: ShowHide
It's simply the way the arrogant fool says it to people that bothers me. He really likes to point out faults only. Then, he'll follow up by titling work (like calling the piece itself amateur. Even if it is, the label isn't necessary) He never points out the good in the work while he tries to find it's weaknesses, and I simply don't like the kid.

I feel like he is the kind of person who uses the internet as an escape. A place where he can feel more at home with himself and make other people feel a little worse about themselves because he may not be entirely happy with himself. He can act out his fantasy of supremacy...in short...the kid is a bully. MY OPINION, MY OPINION...

I didn't even bother to read his post, because that is how little I care about him or his thoughts. I said what I felt necessary to say. Period.

Anyway, you keep up the good work, and I'll keep supporting you. Like I said, try using a soft eraser to soften the edges on the future. It can really help to blend the picture into it's surroundings. For example, I'm no master, and I don't pretend to be, but in my signature you will notice this affect around Calintz's knees. Also, I used a blur on the areas I didn't care about, and sharpened the face, because I want the viewers to focus there. That is where the emotion is, and the clarity helps to draw the viewer's attention where I want it.

Keep the little things in the back of your mind whenever you work on any piece.
-Calintz-

not to seem mean but whenever I look at your sig,the first thing I notice is how its cut off pretty abruptly.most of the picture is the bg.And when I look at her.I see that knife and wonder who shes stabbing!
not that the sig is bad,but if the face is what you were hoping people would look at why not just have a face picture,like your avatar.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

Because the Sig as a whole is a lot larger than just a face. It's a simple aesthetic and I am far from mastering it. I've seen people seamlessly mold a character into it's background, but then again the colors don't mingle in my sig. They are far from even so that helps with the abrupt cut you noticed. She is a He, Lol...and his sword is in the ground! XD.

Though I, myself, did kinda speed through this one, because I was inactive for a while, but now that I'm back I needed something ... I didn't even add a single special effect to the picture. I have...border...character...background...period, Lol.

Diokatsu

Eh, well at least I bothered to read and respond to you. I actually considered what you said as a legitimate response to my actions. But whatever. I'm not here to argue I suppose. Your last post wasn't necessary. The least you could do, if you didn't feel reading my post was necessary, is to not respond. I don't see how you're being any less arrogant than me. At least I don't judge people like that.

Ryex hasn't really responded so I'm going to assume he's just not even interested. Well, this thread served it's purpose at least. He's got 4 to choose from.

Ryex

September 27, 2010, 11:16:59 pm #43 Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:18:45 pm by Ryexander
wow... all this controversy over such a small thing. in any case

I like what Brandon did
(reposted for quick reference): ShowHide

however, what ever method you used for cutting out the bird failed and left a bunch of weird curves that aren't in the original, I don't like that part, sorry.
other than that I really like the aura background and how you textured it. I think it would be cool though if the textures were more pronounced (not a whole lot more pronounced, just a bit more up front) and I REALLY like the text

@36inc while your work shows real talent I don't like the style, it just clashes in some way I can't explain

Dio's
(reposted for quick reference): ShowHide

first off nice job getting the bird out of the original, no funny angles of white mist
I like how the Ryex has variable alpha transparency fading partly into the back ground but I'm not liking the foreground so much it's like a read haze is filtering the image and its kinda strange. I also really like the text in this one too.

Is there any way that the styles of Brandon's and Dio's could be combined, keeping in mind what I like and don't about both attempts?
this is great all of you are are more talented than I am
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Calintz

October 05, 2010, 01:56:19 am #44 Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:08:20 am by Calintz
LMAO...I got bored and tried to draw my own Ryex! Epic Fail!

It looks more like a freakin' Sparrow! LOL

Ryex

... well it certainly isn't bad. in fact, it is actually closer to the original bird i had in mind when I requested a drawing of it the first time. if only you were better at drawing feathers! :P. nice calintz.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Calintz

October 05, 2010, 03:45:23 pm #46 Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:58:07 pm by Calintz
Well, I was pretty lazy when drawing those feathers...I didn't add any detail at all, haha.
I'm sure I could do a better job, Lol...gosh, now I feel challenged!

Edit:
So after your comment I just HAD to edit the original, Lol.

blackfox1250

Quote from: Branden on September 19, 2010, 09:31:11 pm
I decided to give it a go: ShowHide

I know, I know. Probably not even close to what you want, but this was more for fun.

Um can I request a graphic too? :shy:
that pic is awesome somthing like this one above bigger pretty much the same but bigger and of a blackfox with BlackFox instead of Ryex (preferably with tail covering body [not covering head]). Please... :(

and if so... Be creative :^_^': and have fun.

Ryex

Quote from: blackfox1250 on October 05, 2010, 07:10:22 pm
Quote from: Branden on September 19, 2010, 09:31:11 pm
I decided to give it a go: ShowHide

I know, I know. Probably not even close to what you want, but this was more for fun.

Um can I request a graphic too? :shy:
that pic is awesome somthing like this one above bigger pretty much the same but bigger and of a blackfox with BlackFox instead of Ryex (preferably with tail covering body [not covering head]). Please... :(

and if so... Be creative :^_^': and have fun.

wow, ok. I'm sorry but I'm going to be harsh here.
It is EXTREMELY rude to hijack someone's request thread to request something of your own. even more so when your as new as you are.
in fact I would find it insulting you you made that kind of request in a new thread because of how new you are.
when you request something; one, it should be something you have at least done something to deserve, two, you make the request in a way that it is easy as possible for someone else to help you.
you have done neither.
you have hitched a ride on my thread; given a vague request for something of value, something that would take a considerable amount of work; and you made this request when you have been a member for one mouth, have a level of -2, and a measly 25 posts.
LEVEL DOWN --

Calintz

@Ryexander:
Lol, Ryexander...be nice, haha.

@Blackfox1250:
He's right. You should have at least created your own thread to request something. It's not right to "hijack" someone else's thread for your own benefit. I'm not mad about, but Ryex is right.

Anyway,
What of the new wings Ryexander?

blackfox1250

srry  :( heck i lv down my self too
again terribly sorry  :(

Calintz

@Blackfox:
It's fine. Just remember for next time.
When you're in someone else's thread you should just read and post your opinions if necessary. Other than that, always create a new thread for any kind of request. If you have questions...shout.

blackfox1250

kk got it memorized ;) 
and thanks that mademe feel slightly better

Ryex

oh lol I didn't even notice. now that i do, nice! I would love to change my avatar to the bird to that  if you would be willing to color it ect.! it's really good.

blackfox1250

just 'cause, i will see if i can make a pic for you

Calintz

I'll see what I can do, but I'm a terrible painter in Photoshop!

Spaceman McConaughey

Calintz

LMAO, alright then!
I'll wait to see how yours turns out.

Spaceman McConaughey

Gonna be honest, I just finished, and I hate it. I think I could have done WAY better. ._.

I am sort of disgusted by it. :/

Landith

It doesn't look bad at all when I just glance at it but as I take a closer look I can see your stroke in the body. If you colored that in a new layer you could probably just blur it into the image and clean it up a bit and it would look pretty good. But everything else looks good. Although I'm not sure if the red really blends in with all the orange.

But as it's not my request, I'll let Ryex be the judge ^.^;

(A lot better than I could have ever done btw)