Could I request a graphical favor?

Started by Ryex, August 26, 2010, 12:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

October 05, 2010, 11:43:32 pm #60 Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:44:54 pm by Calintz
I just took a trip back to third grade!! Lol, I'm joking! I couldn't have done any better!
But it would probably help if you had the original file. (2000+ x 2000+)

That would have helped you see a lot better.

Ryex

lol. are you saying he should try again with the original file and see if it comes out any better?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Calintz

Well no, but having the original file REALLY helps when it's time to color.

Anyway,
Here is a mock up with no depth to the Ryexander...I'm not very good at coloring either...
Spoiler: ShowHide

Now that I've been working with this piece for a little while now, I can really see where I made mistakes on the bird's anatomy.

Spaceman McConaughey

I actually would love to attempt with the original file. It would be significantly better.

Calintz

October 06, 2010, 02:07:45 am #64 Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:09:44 am by Calintz
Okay, here is the original!
Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Diokatsu

Quote from: Ryexander on October 31, 2010, 01:14:07 pm
any progress?

tbh, I would love to work on it, but you're way to picky. If you have an idea you want, you're gonna have to do it yourself. People spent time doign what they thought would be good, but you can't just dismiss that effort. You're not even offering compensation.

Ryex

October 31, 2010, 01:52:57 pm #67 Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:21:25 pm by Ryexander
I'm not even sure how to respond to that with out appearing to insult you, which is hardly my intention. suffice it to say that your last attempt was awesome and I'd love to use it.
I'd like to see how Brandon's second attempt at coloring the bird went but if he hasn't done it yet thats fine and he don't have to worry about it. thats what i really meant when I asked if any progress hand been made

and as I said at the beginning of the topic, if any one who tried to help me out here needs anything that I can offer, I'll do my best to help out out to return the favor.

Diokatsu

Quote from: Ryexander on October 31, 2010, 01:52:57 pm
I'm not even sure how to respond to that with out appearing to insult you, which is hardly my intention. suffice it to say that your last attempt was awesome and I'd love to use it.
I'd like to see how Brandon's second attempt at coloring the bird went but if he hasn't done it yet thats fine and he don't have to worry about it. thats what i really meant when I asked if any progress hand been made

and as I said at the beginning of the topic any one who tried to help me out here need anything that I can offer I'll do my best to help out out to return the favor.

Alright, I was just a bit angry.

People seem to think when they request something, the artist should be following specific instructions, but in general, artists should be allowed the freedom to move within the medium so long as the end result is something that fits within the given cvriteria. Otherwise, people should learn to do it themselves.

Calintz

I have to agree with the comment by Dio. I understand where that comes from.
Note...that I'm not saying I believe you are in the wrong either Ryexander. I would also like to see progress if there is any.

Ryex

I agree with you Dio, I'm sorry I gave that impression.

Diokatsu

Quote from: Ryexander on October 31, 2010, 10:20:51 pm
I agree with you Dio, I'm sorry I gave that impression.

No problem. I'll talk to Branden.

Ryex

I must say, the more I look at it the Better I like it. It is really nice! Thanks again Dio!

Diokatsu

Spaceman McConaughey

Oh. The coloring has been forgotten by me for a while, and I'd imagine that was an inconvenience. So I'm sorry for that.

I do not know if it's even still needed, or not. So a confirmation on this would be nice.

Again: sorry if it was an inconvenience. 

Ryex

It's not needed anymore, I was just wanting to see it if you had done it.

Spaceman McConaughey