Started by element, August 30, 2010, 03:21:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

element

August 30, 2010, 03:21:51 pm Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:06:03 am by element
Mirror System
Version: 1.0
Type: Map Add-on

Introduction

This system makes it so that when u walk in front of a mirror, you see yourself in a mirror.

Features

• Shows your player's graphic in a mirror.

Screenshots

In the instructions.

Demo

Please playtest before copying the whole thing.
If u still got problems understanding just ask me for some help  ;)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ltlkc

Instructions

Let's start with opening up a graphical program and opening your used tileset in it.
I used The Gimp 2.6 and tileset Castle In becouse the gimp is freeware and easy to work with and the Castle In tileset has a nice, big mirror in it.

Open up gimp and open your tileset.
Step 1
Spoiler: ShowHide

Select the back wall you want to use and copy it.

Step 2

Paste the wall twice in an open place u can use, and then select and copy the mirror u want to use.

Step 3

Then paste the mirror on the wall and start selecting the inner mirror part and copy it.

Step 4

Delete the Inner mirror part and paste it back, then lower the opacity of the part. Now save the made tileset, close gimp and import the tileset in RMXP.

Step 5

Now open up the database and go to tilesets. Set 1 empty passable tile and 1 empty impassible tile. also set the priority of the made wall-mirror like shown benieth.

Step 6

Now make a map. The map's heigth has to be twice as tall as the height u want the passable part of the map to be. Then make a nice map on the lower half of the map. Also place the black wall autotile on the second layer and not on the third. Then set a starting position and place a event with thesame graphic as your player. Place the event on the opposite side of the map. To know where to place it look at the example here.

Step 7

Now use any tile of your tileset and sketch a mirror of the passability of the lower part of the map. Make sure to place this on the third layer. Then fill the passable and impassable places with the passable and impassable tiles, previously set up in the tileset. Also make a mirror of the lower part on the first layer.

Step 8

Now make a Autorun event in the upper-left corner of the map and make this in the event :

Final Step

Now playtest, and report any bugs here. ^^

Credits and Thanks

• element - for making the system.
  • ZARBOMBA (youtube username) - for giving me the idea to make this.

Author's Notes

This won't work with any other things that change the player's graphic.
Have fun ^^

Ryex

Wow nice job there, that is quite the system.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

cyclope

Could you post a demo for ppl who are lazy or suck at following instructions  :^_^':
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

element

August 31, 2010, 04:45:47 am #3 Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:08:09 am by element
@Ryex : Ty ^^

@Cyclope : I could do that for them. Though, they will eventually need to learn follow instructions...  :P
I'll post the Demo later today including the modyfied tileset.  :)

EDIT : Posted the Demo, if there are any further questions, ask away.

ShadowPierce

->Great! I always thought of how to do this... :haha: :up:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

cyclope

Norton doesnt let me download the demo :P
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

element

September 01, 2010, 08:12:44 am #6 Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:32:33 am by element
Kill norton  :P
There is no virus there unless sendspace added it there.
I'll try to upload it somewhere else.

EDIT : try here  http://rapidshare.com/files/416438060/event_systems.exe

Silentknight72

Norton rly blocks compressed rmxp .exe's.....
Sigs: ShowHide

element

that's quite stupid...

I'll upload a ZIP then.

lonely_cubone

This looks like a really good system. I just have one small thing to add to it.

A lot of charsets aren't symmetrical. If this is the case, the event will need a different graphic, or it won't look like a mirror image. To create the proper charset, first individually flip each character image (of which there are 16) horizontally. Then just switch the individual graphics for left and right. Save this new graphic and use it for the event behind the mirror.
I know, it's not exactly difficult to figure out, but some people might not think of it, or might not be able to figure out how to flip everything without a lot of confusion.

Add it to the tutorial if you want, or don't bother. Just thought I'd point it out. :P

element

I already thought of that, yes.

But its more like a add-on to the system than the actual system.

Maybe i'll ad how to do that later.

Holyrapid

My norton fucking deleted the demo i downloaded from the original post... When this trial runs out, i'm switching to f-secure...
Trying to download from rapidshare, and will give my judgement later...

Blizzard

OMG, you got infected with Norton? D: You poor thing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

LiTTleDRAgo

sorry for necroposting, but the demo link is dead
is there anyone can reupload it?

element

I'll upload it to a location where it doesn't dissapear later this week  ;)

Sin86

I'm really sorry for necroposting but this is the only place I believe I can post this in.

The link has pretty much expired, could you reupload it please?

element

I would, but I'm not sure If I still have this thing...

I'll find out and let you know later.

AnimeGirl

Hi I tried to download the demo but it said "Sorry, the file you requested is not available." so could you please put up a new link.