Complex Player Transfer Event

Started by ojp2010, August 30, 2010, 09:41:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ojp2010

August 30, 2010, 09:41:44 pm Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:32:02 pm by ojp2010
I am wanting to make a Event that has multiple destinations. When a player interacts with the event they will be asked where they would like to travel, pay a small gold fee and then be transfered. However, instead of a simple fading to black and reentering on the destination map players would be transfered to a intermediate map, Sky, where their graphic would be changed to that of a bird which would appear on a random side, right or left at a random Y arias, of the screen and move directly towards the opposite edge of the screen before fading and transferring the player to their destination.

EDIT: What I have come up with so far. I need help cleaning it up and nothing having to have multiple maps for each destination.

This is my 'flight-master' event very simple.
Spoiler: ShowHide

This is my in flight event, however setup this way I will have to have a map for every destination point. I want to make it to only one and depending on switches of variables what not to determine where they are going.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Let me know if you can't read the text in the event boxes. This way it works and gives me what I want, but I just don't want to fill up my game space with like 50+ maps to different destinations.

Delusian

Could you work this any better? I think I know what you want and I know how to solve it. But i'm not 100% sure

The Niche

Variables. That is the answer.
When the player chooses their destination, set a variable. When the bird touches the transfer event, check what the variable is via conditional branch, then transfer the player accordingly. Just for future reference, remember that variables exist and that they're probably the answer to your question. By the way, this is a great system, well done.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Valdred

I would also change the players graphic to that bird instead of having an event.