[RESOLVED] Running an EXE via XP?

Started by Jragyn, September 03, 2010, 07:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jragyn

September 03, 2010, 07:16:37 pm Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:17:01 am by jragyn00
Is it possible to run an executable from a script or something while inside a game.exe?

Intentions:
 Utilizing a map or something within RMXP to act as a "launcher" for executing other game programs inside the project folder.

ie:
 Having a map with some chara/events on it, inwhich you talk to them and it executes a minigame program (like minesweeper lets say).

This possible or probable?
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Blizzard

Sure.

system('EXE_PATH')

You can use absolute or relative paths. Relative paths will be taking the directory of Game.exe as current working directory.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Jragyn

Erm, so then, using this:

system('Minigames/othergame.exe')

would run the executable in a folder named "Minigames" within the project folder of wherever Game.exe is located?
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Blizzard

Exactly. But it's a bit problematic if you have the game already fullscreen.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Jragyn

Understood!
Thank you kindly for the tidbit of information. :3

--J