Mortal Kombat [1995]

Started by Calintz, September 03, 2010, 08:11:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Anybody see this movie?
Focused on Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, and Lui Kang. The sequel was title annihilation.

SquareMan

i think i saw it recently, one of my favorite lines from the movie was
QuoteThose were 500 dollar sunglasses you asshole
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Aqua

I think I've seen it a couple of times...
Never fully... just bits and pieces at random times o.o

Calintz

I love you both!!
I've been watching that movie every night for like the last three to five nights. Alas, that will always be a classic Johnny Cage moment!! Split punches Goro in the nads..."damn! that hurt!" LMAO gets me every time. Such a great movie.

Blizzard

Yeah, it was a good movie. I likes MK2 as well, but the rest was ruggish. I don't even know anymore how many there are. 4 or 5. I also love the movie theme. Good old 90's Trance. <3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

1995 is my birth year  :P
So I guess I didn't saw it..

Blizzard

When you hear people saying that a movie, which was once a new movie for you, is considered old because somebody was born in the year the movie came out, you know that you're old. ._.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

I feel sorry for you to me making u feel that u feel like a old feeling, cuz it was my fault making u have the feeling that u feel right now, the feeling of being older then someone with a younger feeling.

I also feel sorry for me feeling young.

Though, I'll still distribute rapedrugs to all of you.

Blizzard

Are you crazy? It's awesome. Chicks dig older guys. :naughty:

Calintz

A wise message from our sponsor!!
Heed his words. They will serve you well.

poxy

I saw it when it came out. Great movie. I didn't like the sequel as much tho.
My Project: ShowHide

Calintz

I have to agree...
The second wasn't as good as the first, but I personally feel that is because they took focus away from martial arts choreography, and placed it into special FX. Huge mistake ... my personal opinion ... it's the focus on martial arts that will make mortal kombat a great movie, with special FX just sweetening the deal. I feel this was the case in the first one.

impulszero

to perfectly honest: it sucks then, and it sucks now...
for my that is... worst game to movie adaptation ever...
Spoiler: ShowHide
after Street Fighters...
only stuff that i ever liked in MK movie is the song...
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

Calintz

Awww...impulszero, Lol. Oh well. =)

Blizzard

Quote from: impulszero on September 07, 2010, 02:52:54 pm
worst game to movie adaptation ever...

Then you have not watched what I have watched. ._.

poxy

I went to download the thing cause I got nostalgic and I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs3ROFNxa5M

Not sure if anyone else was aware of this possible movie...
My Project: ShowHide

Calintz

@Blizzard:
He must not of!! I watched "Tekken" last night. It was just released here in 2010, and I have to say that I don't think they made too many faults at all. It was a solid movie. I highly recommend Tekken. It even has the guy that played Shang Tsung in the original Mortal Kombat as that old guy with the wild white hair!! Great fucking movie.

@PoxySmash:
I've seen that snippet a couple times, and I read that it isn't in the making. There are some actors who are relatively known amongst martial arts movies in that scene, but from what I've heard ... that snippet was only the pitch made to Warner Bros to make the movie. We'll see...gotta say though, I want it to happen.

impulszero

Quote from: Calintz on September 08, 2010, 01:09:55 pm
@Blizzard:
He must not of!! I watched "Tekken" last night. It was just released here in 2010, and I have to say that I don't think they made too many faults at all. It was a solid movie. I highly recommend Tekken. It even has the guy that played Shang Tsung in the original Mortal Kombat as that old guy with the wild white hair!! Great fucking movie.

They made Tekken movie?!? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! oh how cruel this world is...

Quote from: Blizzard on September 08, 2010, 02:33:28 am
Quote from: impulszero on September 07, 2010, 02:52:54 pm
worst game to movie adaptation ever...

Then you have not watched what I have watched. ._.

did u watched this one: :stupid:
Spoiler: ShowHide

<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

Calintz

Lol watch it Impulse!! You might be surprised!!

Tazero

I was born in 1995 :D but I own the 3 MAIN movies and I love them all, Get OVER HERE!!!!
Uhm- Sub Zero and Scorpion were best friends :P Sub was a body gaurd :D My favorite character is still SubZero Too bad he got his ass frozen

If you were a fish...