Donnie Darko [2001]

Started by Kett Shee, September 05, 2010, 12:27:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kett Shee

Anybody seen this movie before? It's honestly one of the weirdest but coolest movies I've seen in a long time.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Calintz

I have seen it down in the movie store, and I have even picked it up and considered renting it, but never made the final lunge to do so. Is it good? Is it worth it?

Subsonic_Noise

Ah, that wannabe philosophic movie that people say is a mindfuck.
If you seriously think Donnie Darko is weird, you never saw a real weird movie.

Kett Shee

Well to be honest, I don't watch weird movies usually. I thought it was a good movie. :/
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Calintz

Perhaps I'll rent it. It's only like a buck for five nights, Lol.

Subsonic_Noise

It just could have been so much better if they cut all that angsty pseudo-philosophic shit.

poxy

It was a decent movie despite the teen angst and drama... I don't think the movie was trying to be philosophic anymore than say, Edward Scissorhands.
My Project: ShowHide

Lobstrosity

In my opinion this movie was quite good. A few minor issues, but worth watching.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Calintz

September 06, 2010, 04:28:07 pm #8 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:05:56 pm by Calintz
Worth watching, eh?
I downloaded it yesterday. I'll watch it tonight and return with an opinion. =)

Edit:
Okay, so I watched this move last night and I was very impressed. I loved it.

Blizzard

I just noticed that I still haven't posted in this topic.

I find it actually interesting that the whole movie resolves about one thing and in the end it wasn't important but something else was. It's a very good metaphor of most people's lives. Many people consider things to be important that aren't and they lose out of sight what actually is or, worse, they never find out.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

I agree.
This movie was unique.

I've really never seen too many like it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.