A short story I wrote awhile back

Started by legacyblade, March 14, 2008, 07:08:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

I just suddenly felt the urge to post this...it's too long for a post, so I'll just attach the MS word doccument.

http://celenath.com/eweb/Hero_of_Light.doc

Kindof crappy, but it got me an A in english, XD

Starrodkirby86

March 14, 2008, 08:17:05 pm #1 Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:28:10 pm by Starrodkirby86
E-min is such a strange name for a character. No kidding. The use of * * * makes the writing professional, despite it being an amateur. I'm not going to comment how much cliches you faced because you know it's crummy. Didn't realize though E-min, our innocent Eminweb mascot is so ruthless and mean. Apparently, you don't want him to be a goodie two shoes. Just some problems though, but they are really small considering you have literary intelligence. This is in Chapter 2.

• His master instructed him on the proper way to forge a sword...but his first attempt was unfit to be wielded even by a dieing dying beggar.

Anyway...I'm reading the whole thing, and I'm understanding E-min's dilemma, but it's still a natural but *sigh* way of life...depressing. Mean. Oh well. I'll finish reading, it's nice so far. :3

EDIT: Chapter 3: I loath loathe it...I WILL NOT BE THE HERO OF LIGHT! You probably wrote this a long while ago.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

oops, I must not have sent you the one in which I fixed that typo. Yeah, E-min used to be like that. I remade his personality, so he's less jerky, but he's no goody two-shoes still. Also, I know I used countless cliches, do you see what drove me into cliche phobia? lol

and what's wrong with e-min as a name? Just wondering?

So it is depressing? My first draft (writen about 6 years ago) was utter, crap...this one is depressing at least, I guess I got what I was going for! thanks for reading.

Starrodkirby86

No problem. But E-min looks so happy on the Eminweb. And usually, when you put the prefix E before a name, you consider that an Internet idea. So when I had that, that came into my mind immediately, so I thought it to be awkward. To the technology different person, this may not come up, but oh well.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

lol. The E-min in this story is considerably angrier than the usual E-min. It was just me trying something new (I've been writing stories about E-min since I was 6). But I agree, it must come as a shock to see this angry e-min after only having seen the mascot version.

also, I understand why the name is awkward to you. But it buggs the crap out of me when people pronounce it as an "eh" rather than an "eh" so I added the hyphen. lol, I'll always think of that when I type e-min now, XD