[XP] Castlevania CoD style Crafting System

Started by Leon_Westbrooke, January 18, 2008, 02:53:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsonic

This isn't working for me

I get 'TypeError, can't convert nil to integer' after I select the item to craft in the menu

Aqua

*fwoosh*
Mega necropost~~~

Did you configure everything correctly?

Redsonic

February 10, 2010, 01:53:00 pm #22 Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:55:43 pm by Redsonic
I believe so, yes.

All I did was edit the recipes (using the proper format), using database integers that actually exist in my project.

Booted it up, can't craft anything. Yes, the ids used exist in the database.

Screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/redsonic/clipboard-2-3.jpg

Here's line 249
@weapon_recipes_made[ci::Craft_Weapon_Comp.keys[i]] = 0

Redsonic

Fixed the problem.

Apparantly the script thought $defaultfontsize was nil or something. So I changed that to an integer (16) and that fixed the problem.

RogerSmith

February 12, 2010, 07:32:48 pm #24 Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:38:52 pm by RogerSmith
Well nevermind, I overlooked the fact that the script itself was posted.

ANYWAY, I think I downloaded this script before, and there was an error, hopefully this time it works.

keyonne

August 20, 2010, 09:18:24 pm #25 Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:23:37 pm by keyonne
I feel as though I'm becoming a nuisance here on this site, but I'm attempting to learn some basic scripting so I can modify scripts to what I need. This crafting system, first of all I have to say is very well done. I was wondering, however, if i can make the skill crafting individual - each character learns the skills separately, rather than the party as a whole. I wish to make it so each character can only learn so many crating types, so you must choose wisely and pair characters accordingly.

This will add some challenge to the game, as they will have to choose which crafting skills to work on and this will limit the upgrades their character can get to the types they have mastered.

Jragyn

Hmm, perhaps you should investigate Prexus' Crafting system.
I used it for something similer in a game of my own.
To simulate the effect of different people having different crafting capabilities,
I just made an event that called a different crafting method-menu depending on the leading character.

The system has leveling built in, it has recipes to setup and the like.
Its pretty intense.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

keyonne

I'm not really understanding what you mean by a method-menu.