Chronicles of Sir Lag-A-Lot (Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by Blizzard, January 08, 2008, 09:59:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Yay, the BlizzABS is getting some XAS style functionality, the ability to make puzzles (its done different in XAS, so no worries, anything can check if its been hit by anything, so you can make cuttable grass!)

Blizzard

But most probably I won't implement combos. Most probably doesn't mean no, though. The allies being able to perform combos would the the hardest part to do.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

No combos is fine with me. Just as long as the party has AI!

Valcos

Yeh, how would you make the party have ai?!? ??? If you do throw that in there :P
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

you should make the hud look better & a lockpicking system
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Nortos

lockpicking wouldn't be too hard :P (for Blizz :)) also doesthe HUD have faceset support? that would be easy to do Blizz if not

Blizzard

I tried to make the HUD as small as possible to avoid wasting space. You can easily script a faceset feature, you just need to find the space. :P
And yeah, the allies' AI will be based on the enemies' AI. I just need to make the allies be able to follow the same pattern and then change some of the basics of the enemy AI to support some ally specific features.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Hey, here's an idea that should rather go into the Blizz-ABS thread. Why don't you make it possible for others to make HUDs for Blizz-ABS (different layouts)? Don't change the technical part, but just the code, like the width and stuff.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

February 25, 2008, 11:35:51 am #28 Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:40:24 am by Blizzard
Because the HUD can be disabled and somebody can simply use an external HUD. (-_-')
Actually they can. They only have to modify the "Hud" class. Just modify the draw_something methods and def initialize, it's not difficult. Somebody would still be able to use the key assignment display along with the minimap, the HUD's layout would just be different. Of course, somebody would have to know how to script then. (-_-')

EDIT:

Quote3.4. Enhancing Blizz-ABS

You have made a plug-in for Blizz-ABS and want to share it? But you are afraid maybe it won't work or could cause problems and incompatibility issues? No problem! You can check if the Blizz-ABS script is available and after that check its version. Otherwise you can just throw out a message. Just Check the global variable $BlizzABS and if its value is true, you can check the Blizz-ABS version by using BlizzABS::VERSION and even the edition by using BlizzABS::EDITION. Here is a simple example:

if $BlizzABS != true || BlizzABS::VERSION < 1.24 || BlizzABS::EDITION != 'Compact!'
  p 'YOUR_SCRIPTNAME_HERE needs Blizz-ABS of version 1.24 or higher ' +
     'and Edition "Compact!". RMXP will now close'
  exit
end

Nortos

would be pretty easy though and they could easily add in facesets as well or even background images

Fantasist

I get your point Bliz, but
QuoteBecause the HUD can be disabled and somebody can simply use an external HUD. (-_-')

Which could lag if not properly made, and why going through the trouble of using another HUD and disabling the Blizz-ABS HUD which works so nicely without lag? But yeah, it's already like that. The new plug-and-play HUDs will just be mods of the HUD class. I didn't realize ^_^
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Sally

but what about different skins for the mini map, hud, the other thing that shows skills. make a folder for the skin, and players can make there own skins and then theres an option of what skin you would like to use... do you understand what I'm trying to say, kuz it sounds confusing to me...

Blizzard

I use sprites, not windows for the HUD to minimize lag. That's why windowskins practically won't work.

Blizzard

Wow, this thread hasn't had any posts for quite some time. Since Blizz-ABS v2.0 will come out soon, I will make Chronicles of Sir Lag-A-Lot - Second Edition with Blizz-ABS 2.0. ^_^ Anyway, here is a small list of a few new features CoSLAL SE will have:

• using 100% non-RTP background music files
  • using Blizz-ABS 2.0
  • fixed many mapping bugs
  • Sir Lag-A-Lot now has more max HP and more max SP
  • Arshes is a playable ally
  • Sir Lag-A-Lot and Arshes can use Chaos Drive, Soul Rage and Soul Limit
  • every killed enemy now gives more Rep
  • the Banana now can retrieve distant dropped items
  • quick switch of weapons on the map if you press Q/E (special unreleased plugin for Blizz-ABS)
  • using wall tags, swimming and many other features that were not used before
  • the game has SDK 2.3 installed to demonstrate compatibility with Blizz-ABS
  • RTP is not required to be installed anymore

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on July 11, 2008, 06:38:19 am

• the game has SDK 2.3 installed to demonstrate compatibility with Blizz-ABS

man that must of been a pain to do
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

July 19, 2008, 11:05:41 am #36 Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:08:25 am by Blizzard
For crying out loud.

Fantasist

lol! It's was supposed to mean it was not a pain at all!

Ryex

to i meant to make it copatable with SDK 2.3 that must of been a pain
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

No, FTS is right. It wasn't even close to a pain as I thought it would be. I was surprised that I made Blizz-ABS so well that it was no problem at all. Blizz-ABS FTW!