[XP] Blizz-ABS Battle Music

Started by nathmatt, September 13, 2010, 01:46:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller

Quote from: Taiine on October 26, 2010, 08:21:26 am
I think I found a bug. For me, each time I get hit by an enemy, the battle music restarts over from the start. 

I noticed the same bug, but in my case the music restarts sometimes when you get hit by an enemy and others works fine.
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

nathmatt

yea i noticed that too im trying to find what i need to check from the battlers to see if there in battle rather than just walking around
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

legacyblade

You can check if there are enemies within the processing range of the ABSEAL (or whatever it is called). I made an addon that did this on an old version of blizzABS, so not sure how to do that anymore, but the manual probably mentions it somewhere

nathmatt

the problem with that is the music changes even when your not being attacked
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

legacyblade

oh, I didn't notice that it only changed after being attacked. In your current method, check to see if the currently playing BGM is the/one of the battle musics. If you can't do that with RMXP, set a variable to true whenever you're attacked. I'm guessing the music changes back after a fixed amount of time, so just set the switch to false after that and re-play the map's previous BGM (if there isn't a way to resume that, set a variable with the old BGM). Hope that helps x.x

Taiine

I didn't notice any real issue with the music popping on only when attacked. it started as soon as I got agro from any aggressive mobs. But as soon as they hit you with anything, the battle music restarts over.

nathmatt

update 1.03 fixed battle music resetting
Join Dead Frontier
My script

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: nathmatt on October 27, 2010, 12:40:36 pm
update 1.03 fixed battle music resetting

still restarting....

maybe you should change the method for changing the music

ex : when the battle starts memorized bgm at the map and play battle bgm
then after battle is over restore that bgm

nathmatt

restarting during battle or not restoring the bgm ?
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Dweller

October 28, 2010, 01:10:51 am #29 Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:48:41 am by Dweller
Quoterestarting during battle or not restoring the bgm

Sometimes not restoring the bgm but the restarting bug disappeared.
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: nathmatt on October 27, 2010, 10:09:15 pm
restarting during battle or not restoring the bgm ?

I mean the bgm changed back to beginning

Something like this :

I set the autochange bgm in map properties to a
then in the game I change the bgm using event to b
when I battle bgm change to battle music
after battle is over the bgm back to a

nathmatt

update 1.04 there that should fix it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

LiTTleDRAgo

October 29, 2010, 08:59:23 am #32 Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:02:51 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Bug report :

If enemy exist in the map the bgm changed to battle bgm (sometimes disappeared) even though I didn't attacked them (the bgm changed immidiately after I teleported to that map)
If the map doesn't have enemy it would be normal, but when I changed the bgm with event then open my CMS the bgm changed back to beginning

did my english horrible?

The Niche

Yes, you done your english horrible :P. I laughed when I saw that last line.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

nathmatt

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on October 29, 2010, 08:59:23 am
Bug report :

If enemy exist in the map the bgm changed to battle bgm (sometimes disappeared) even though I didn't attacked them (the bgm changed immidiately after I teleported to that map)
If the map doesn't have enemy it would be normal, but when I changed the bgm with event then open my CMS the bgm changed back to beginning

did my english horrible?

the music only changes when an enemy targets you so as soon as you enter the map an enemy must target you
my script can't be causing enemies to disappear because it doesn't edit anything to cause that
the menu shouldn't be caused by this either try removing this script to see if the bugs are still there if therer not give me a demo so i can look into it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: nathmatt on October 29, 2010, 10:44:42 am
the music only changes when an enemy targets you so as soon as you enter the map an enemy must target you
my script can't be causing enemies to disappear because it doesn't edit anything to cause that
the menu shouldn't be caused by this either try removing this script to see if the bugs are still there if therer not give me a demo so i can look into it

It's not what I mean

probably it's easier to make a demo for explaining since my english is bad

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H9M9FLN1

nathmatt

update: 1.05 fixed bug where music would stop playing when menu was called

@LiTTleDRAgo the music continuing to play after killing all the enemies is more of a Blizz-ABS bug at has to do with having enemies increase a variable it messes up the enemy counter in Blizz-ABS
Join Dead Frontier
My script

LiTTleDRAgo

@^ That's alright, I figure a way out from that

btw, when I trying to add another alignment in battle this error sometimes appeared

I don't know what's wrong with the script since it didn't appear often

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S2C7P56T

nathmatt

update: 1.06 fixed music bug where if the battle music was on and you left the map the battle music would not play again and i think i fixed undefined music type for Map_Actor
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Taiine

One more little bug.

If you're fighting an enemy and you have to flee from them, or you just run past one and it agro's onto you and you keep going. The enemy can be reset back, no longer going after you, but the battle music will keep  playing and not turn off until you move and get the enemy back on the screen, even if just at the edge and not in range of you, but just on screen will the battle music stop.