Apocalypse

Started by Rune, March 15, 2008, 07:08:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

March 15, 2008, 07:08:53 am Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:12:54 pm by Rune

[Created in RMXP]

Due to the constant criticism I've been having about this game, and the fact that the players weren't the only ones that thought the game was a whole pile of shite, I've decided to remake this game.
This time around will carry across most of the character names from the previous game, but will follow a similar, but very different storyline. This time around I am determined not to give up and I am determined to make people think "Holy shit, this game rocks!" instead of "... What the fuck did I just waste precious hours of my life playing?" So, let's proceed.

None of the following is final

Characters:

Rune
Weapon - Rapier
Age - 19
Home - DeJääré Castle
Specialty - Sword Skills
Bio - TBC

Verne DeJääré
Weapon - Rod
Age - 27
Home - DeJääré Castle
Specialty - Black Magi
Bio - TBC

Jiira Lité
Weapon - Bow & Arrow
Age - 21
Home - TBC
Specialty - Enemy Skills
Bio - TBC

Lode O'teris
Weapon - Broad Sword
Age - 40
Home - TBC
Specialty - Sword Skills
Bio - TBC

Koren
Weapon - Staff
Age - Unknown
Home - TBC
Specialty - White Magi
Bio - Unknown

Balt Taraki
Weapon - Poleaxe
Age - 37
Home - TBC
Specialty - Status Skills
Bio - TBC

[Sub-Characters]

Disciples Of Vai

Tsein: TBC
Jéjin: TBC
Käunaught: TBC
Sval: TBC
Guyver: TBC
Neima: Twin sister of Oparia.
Oparia: Twin sister of Neima.
Folne: TBC
Lucio: TBC

Other Characters

Klinos: TBC

Master: The name given to the lord of DeJääré Castle

Others to be confirmed[/spoiler]

Story:
Spoiler: ShowHide
TBC. The game is still in the planning stages.

Scripts Used and Credit:

None. The game is still in the planning stages.

Graphics:

Audio:

If I've missed anyone, please shoot me.

Screenies:

Demo:
Signature.

Flermza

Looks good.
Do you have any map screenies?

Sally

looks nice, i remember our save point script

Blizzard

QuoteMax Party Size and max HP - Blizzard

Can't remember when I made that. O_o
BTW, I think it's Nobou Uematsu. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

darklight

Looks promising. Post up some screenies! Good luck with your project. :)

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Rune

Quote from: Blizzard on March 15, 2008, 11:56:32 am

You helped me with it, but you didn't make it  :P
And i'll post some map screens A.S.A.P ;)
Signature.

Rune

Updated, added map and title screenshots.
Signature.

Calintz

Looks decent.
You using the same battlers as Blizz's battlers, or are they just placeholders??

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on March 15, 2008, 11:56:32 am

BTW, I think it's Nobou Uematsu. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
No, it is Nobuo Uematsu. For proof, refer to Wikipedia, a Final Fantasy game, the Sound Test in Brawl (Main Theme). I know this stuff. :P

Rune and Verne look too similar on their Face set. And it's eerily similar. I mean, with the Face Maker, all you did was change the hair. The eyes, face, and even the nose are the same. It gave me an impression that they were twins. If they are, then they're pretty close twins, I must say.

I love the maps, though on the shop one I feel there is something wrong. Don't count on me, but I'm noticing two abnormalities, especially where Basil and the bald man are. Who's Basil? Default Hero 2, that's who. Anyway...on the table, especially nearest to Basil, there's a stray tile that makes it look ugly. The second one is at the walls above the two shopkeepers, I'm believing that it should be the center wall the whole way. I'm not 100% sure about that.

I love the menu by the way, and I'll look forward to this.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Rune

March 23, 2008, 05:09:50 pm #9 Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 05:23:44 pm by Rune
Quote from: Calintz16438 on March 23, 2008, 05:06:22 pm
Looks decent.
You using the same battlers as Blizz's battlers, or are they just placeholders??

They're the battlers I'm using, though I may get them changed to avoid copyright claims, etc.
Though that may cause complications regarding a slight twist. Is Rune's battler originally yours Blizzard? Because I'm sure I've seen it on a Japanese site before. Same with Verné's battler, I've seen different versions of him around. Is the version I'm using an edit of yours?

If so, is it okay if I use them? I'll give credit of course ;)

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 23, 2008, 05:07:10 pm
Rune and Verne look too similar on their Face set. And it's eerily similar. I mean, with the Face Maker, all you did was change the hair. The eyes, face, and even the nose are the same. It gave me an impression that they were twins. If they are, then they're pretty close twins, I must say.

I love the maps, though on the shop one I feel there is something wrong. Don't count on me, but I'm noticing two abnormalities, especially where Basil and the bald man are. Who's Basil? Default Hero 2, that's who. Anyway...on the table, especially nearest to Basil, there's a stray tile that makes it look ugly. The second one is at the walls above the two shopkeepers, I'm believing that it should be the center wall the whole way. I'm not 100% sure about that.

I love the menu by the way, and I'll look forward to this.

The faces are another reason I'm considering changing Verné's battler.
And thanks for pointing that first mapping error out  :D That'll be sorted. The second 'error' you found was intentional, there's nothing wrong there in my eyes. ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, keep 'em coming ;D
Signature.

Nortos

I seen them on phanx in their database I think, and yeah Basil don't look right because of his armor a shop clerk even if selling weapons wouldn't wear heavy armor, it would be rough and uncomfortable also maybe have a npc browsing the shop as well but anyway this looks good i'll play the demo later

Blizzard

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 23, 2008, 05:07:10 pm
No, it is Nobuo Uematsu.

Yes, you are right. I noticed when I killed Lavos the other day to get the developer's ending. :3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Rune

Updated majorly, sorta. I've redone a few things that you may want to check out. ;)
Signature.

Rune

May 29, 2008, 03:53:46 pm #13 Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 07:44:40 am by Rune
Update! Demo 2.1 added. Basically is Demo 2 with bug fixes and shit.

~Edit

Also. At the end of the demo, note that a certain character's sprite has not been created/discovered yet, and is thus using a different graphic.
Signature.

Rune

May 30, 2008, 07:45:28 am #14 Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 04:53:19 am by Rune
Nobody?

~Edit

I made a bad.
Create an image file, and save it into the game's autotiles folder as 'cavewall'. (If that doesn't appear, create a folder called 'Graphics' and inside that, create a folder called 'Autotiles'. Put it in there. That should solve the problem you're most likely gonna have upon entering the dungeon. :-[

~Edit 2

Fixed the download links. They linked to the bugged version of Demo 2.  :-[
Not they're fix'd though.
Signature.

Rune

Major Bump. Read the first post.
Signature.

Starrodkirby86

September 05, 2008, 11:36:59 pm #16 Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:44:36 pm by Starrodkirby86
So far I like your organization. A remaking of a game is good instead of trashing the whole project in frustration. Good luck Rune, I hope your remake is definitely going to be b--Of course, it's going to be better, who am I kidding? XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Rune

It's definitely going to be better, the only thing worse than what it used to be is Britney Spears.
Signature.