Paypal donate button

Started by legacyblade, September 15, 2010, 01:36:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Wait stop, no hates! I know I can create a simple paypal donate button. However, I'm aiming for something just a tad different. For a site I'm making for my girlfriend, she wants to have a button that when you click it, it brings up a box next to it. It has four optional fixed donations (buy me a soda - 1$, buy me lunch - 5$, buy me dinner - 10$, and take me to the movies 20$), as well as a box where you can enter a custom donation amount.

How I'm planning on achieving this is having a javascript create a box when you mouse over or click the image (not sure which I'll do). There will be a radiobutton next to the images for the fixed donation prices and for the custom donation. For the custom donation, I'm going to have a field next to it's radiobutton where they can enter the amount. At the bottom, you can click the "donate" button.

The help I need is this: where in a paypal donate code can I enter arguments? The paypal donate button I've generated is all encrypted. Also, how would I update the URL a button points to every time the radio button changes (and of course, the custom field whenever it's changed) I'll really appreciate anyone who can figure this out! thanks!

Delusian

Why not just have the 4 buttons designed differently with those words on?

That would be simple and effective  :)

Love the idea by the way, did make me giggle

legacyblade

That would be easier, but it would be nice to have a single thing they click on that keeps them on that page, but allows multiple options. Though if I can't figure this out, I guess I'll have to do 4 buttons.

Ryex

could you do a button that looks like a donate button but works like a spoiler? it could open a panel with the 4 buttons.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

legacyblade

That would work! Not sure how to do a spoiler though. Any good tips on where to start?