Ticket to Heaven

Started by Blizzard, September 17, 2010, 04:21:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

September 18, 2010, 11:20:58 am #20 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:22:32 am by Blizzard
The drums aren't so important. I pretty much use a generic untz-untz-untz-untz for it (you just can't hear it due to so much other stuff playing).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8sqeui

I've had some problems with exporting MIDIs ever since FL 5 or 6. I'm not sure if I messed up or if it's a problem with FL. The speed would always be wrong and it would compress the whole track into a few seconds. So, the longer the track, the faster it is. Change the speed to 142 bpm when you import.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on September 18, 2010, 11:20:58 am
The drums aren't so important. I pretty much use a generic untz-untz-untz-untz for it (you just can't hear it due to so much other stuff playing).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8sqeui

I've had some problems with exporting MIDIs ever since FL 5 or 6. I'm not sure if I messed up or if it's a problem with FL. The speed would always be wrong and it would compress the whole track into a few seconds. So, the longer the track, the faster it is. Change the speed to 142 bpm when you import.

Awesome, thanks! Let's see what I can make of this :naughty:

Blizzard

September 18, 2010, 11:27:43 am #22 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:30:21 am by Blizzard
Ok. I took it down so people besides you don't steal it. D:

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on September 18, 2010, 11:27:43 am
Ok. I took it down so people besides you don't steal it. D:

Better like this, it would be like having the source code to your games public. xD

Blizzard

Not as extreme, but yes. xD After all, it's just notes. A skilled or talented listener would probably be able to make them out anyway. They wouldn't have the actual samples. >:3

SquareMan

I dont really like your music Blizzard, no offense, but this song is PURE AWESOME! :D
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Blizzard

September 18, 2010, 05:10:46 pm #26 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:16:10 pm by Blizzard
No problem. Everybody has a different taste. e.g. I don't like Sub's music either, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it.

Also, I have decided. I'll call it Ticket to Heaven. I remember how I came up with the name. It was 2 and a half years ago. There's a party event here called Astralis and I got my ticket for my first Astralis ever. So I was talking to my friend. I looked at the ticket and then I said "Yeah, man. This is the Ticket to Heaven. Hm... Heck, this would be an awesome name for a song. I'll have to write it down." And so I did. xD

SquareMan

i acctually like sub's music, alot. but yeah, this is a BEAST song
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on September 18, 2010, 05:10:46 pm
I don't like Sub's music either, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it.

Nah, you really love my music. You actually love it so much that you downloaded it, burned it on a CD, and then imported it back to your PC.

Ryex

Dam you Blizz, because of you I feel the need to reinstall FL Studio!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

Hey Blizz I loaded your midi into cubase to test a few sounds and I got carried away. Now I started an IDM / Trance Remix of this, I hope you don't mind? xD

Blizzard

Not at all. xD
If you don't mind, I can take it and put it into my next album (the one after Perfect Chaos). xD

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on September 20, 2010, 12:54:18 pm
Not at all. xD
If you don't mind, I can take it and put it into my next album (the one after Perfect Chaos). xD

i don't mind at all xD The main thing I changed so far are the drums, but, to say the least, those are insane. xD Distorted and glitching all over the place.

Subsonic_Noise

http://www.zshare.net/audio/80710331553cb753/
Here's part of what I did so far, in good quality. Since my PC crashed, I had to recreate the drums and I think they aren't as good now, but whatever. xD Check it out and tell me what you think.

Blizzard

JESUS CHRIST! If this thing downloads any slower, it will be downloading backwards. :/ You should really use a better service for file sharing like sendspace or at least megaupload.

Anyway... Very interesting. It has a similar beginning like the original will. xD The drums later are a bit too distorted. I hope you continue working on it.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on September 23, 2010, 11:37:10 am
JESUS CHRIST! If this thing downloads any slower, it will be downloading backwards. :/ You should really use a better service for file sharing like sendspace or at least megaupload.

Well the idea was that people'd use this sites streaming service... which kind of stopped working. Eh. xD
Quote from: Blizzard on September 23, 2010, 11:37:10 am
Anyway... Very interesting. It has a similar beginning like the original will. xD The drums later are a bit too distorted. I hope you continue working on it.

Will definitely. And about the drums, yeah, I know.. I spend alot of time adjusting the drum distortion in the version before this, and then my PC crashed, so I had to redo it #_# But I will readjust it.

Blizzard

Updated. This is the second concept demo. There still lots of work to do. I noticed that "boom" sample is damaged so I will have to find another one for that effect. Also, the sounds are not properly normalized. I used compressors here, but it seems that I get better results when I compress manually by removing frequency ranges from specific sounds with equalizers and adjust the volume myself.

Blizzard - Ticket to Heaven (Concept Demo 2)

Spaceman McConaughey

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Branden on September 24, 2010, 04:11:24 pm
http://www.supload.com/ has awesome streaming.

and it hates me.
Also, Blizz, awesome, though I don't like the drums in some parts, specifically the part where they come in - seems a bit overwhelming - otherwise, epic.. now I need to update my version >:U

Blizzard

I haven't changed the drums yet. :P