Puzzles!

Started by ShadowPierce, September 19, 2010, 10:55:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Quote from: Ryexander on September 25, 2010, 02:36:39 am
a husband and wife are celebrating their 20th birthday together their children, grand children, and great grand children attend the party. how is this possible

Their children are the actual children of the couple, while the grand children and great grand children happen to belong to different grandparents and great-grandparents, so they could be any age.

Kett Shee

Quote from: Aqua on September 25, 2010, 04:31:45 pm
They were both born on Feb 29th.
20 years of Feb 29th would mean they're 80 years of age.

She's talking about the leap year.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

ShadowPierce

a husband and wife are celebrating their 20th birthday together their children, grand children, and great grand children attend the party. how is this possible
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 25, 2010, 04:45:34 pm

That's not how age works. >:U
->Age was never mentioned dude... :P

I also think the Feb29 thing is the most likely answer... :haha:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

Shit, I got it. ShadowPierce's comment that age wasn't mentioned gave me the idea.

They are celebrating their 20th birthday together. That doesn't mean that they're 20, it means that it's the 20th birthday they are celebrating together. Let's say last year they didn't celebrate together and the year before that it was their 19th time together. So they could be 80 without problems.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

->Alright... Since so many possible solutions were pointed out, I'll post the next one...

Passing Through Walls?: ShowHide
One night, a man & his wife are going for a cross-country drive when the car they're driving went out of control in a corn field. It crashed to a tree & damaged the car enough that it won't be able to run again. Fortunately, both were safe. The man decided to go somewhere nearby to ask for help. To make sure that his wife will be safe, he rolled up the windows & locked the doors & the trunk/compartment.

A few hours later, he returns. To his surprise, he found his wife bloody & lifeless inside the car. The doors were still locked & no windows were destroyed. Inside was someone he has never seen before.

How did the woman die? Who is the killer?

Creepy puzzle... I wasn't able to solve it on my first try... Maybe someone here can? :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

Aqua

She died giving birth to a baby.

Subsonic_Noise

She gave dying baby to a birth.

poxy

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 26, 2010, 11:41:14 am
->Alright... Since so many possible solutions were pointed out, I'll post the next one...

Passing Through Walls?: ShowHide
One night, a man & his wife are going for a cross-country drive when the car they're driving went out of control in a corn field. It crashed to a tree & damaged the car enough that it won't be able to run again. Fortunately, both were safe. The man decided to go somewhere nearby to ask for help. To make sure that his wife will be safe, he rolled up the windows & locked the doors & the trunk/compartment.

A few hours later, he returns. To his surprise, he found his wife bloody & lifeless inside the car. The doors were still locked & no windows were destroyed. Inside was someone he has never seen before.

How did the woman die? Who is the killer?

Creepy puzzle... I wasn't able to solve it on my first try... Maybe someone here can? :haha:

The man realized his wife had autonomous control and she must've opened the door for the killer, who locked it again so she would not escape. Or the guy had a duplicate key. The woman died from blood loss. The killer is whoever is in the car.
My Project: ShowHide

Ryex

lol

the answer I was looking for

Quote from: Blizzard on September 26, 2010, 09:23:09 am
Shit, I got it. ShadowPierce's comment that age wasn't mentioned gave me the idea.

They are celebrating their 20th birthday together. That doesn't mean that they're 20, it means that it's the 20th birthday they are celebrating together. Let's say last year they didn't celebrate together and the year before that it was their 19th time together. So they could be 80 without problems.

a consequence of the wording of the riddle, I've never realized that this could be a possible answer
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

blackfox1250

I got a riddle...
Your in your house in the basement and there are three switches. In the Attic there are three lights, each connected to its own switch. If you could go in the Attic only once and you can't see the lights from the basement, how would you know what lights go to which switches.

NOTE: this one is not that hard.

Aqua

Turn one on (A).
Wait a bit.
Turn A off & turn a different one on (B).
Go upstairs to check.

The lightbulb that is on is connected to switch B.
Feel the other two.
The warm lightbulb is connected to switch A.

Diokatsu

Quote from: Aqua on September 26, 2010, 09:31:13 pm
Turn one on (A).
Wait a bit.
Go upstairs to check.

Feel the other two.

HAHAHAHAHA. THE TRICK IS YOU BURN THE HOUSE DOWN. THAT WILL TEACH THOSE FUCKING ELECTRICIANS TO MAKE SHITTY PLACEMENT DECISIONS.

ShadowPierce

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 26, 2010, 09:34:26 pm
Turn one on (A).
Wait a bit.
Go upstairs to check.

Feel the other two.

HAHAHAHAHA. THE TRICK IS YOU BURN THE HOUSE DOWN. THAT WILL TEACH THOSE FUCKING ELECTRICIANS TO MAKE SHITTY PLACEMENT DECISIONS.
->LOL, lvlup! :xD:

Seriously though, Aqua's pwning puzzle after puzzle... :xP:

1161-0627-9890

Diokatsu

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 26, 2010, 09:36:33 pm
Turn one on (A).
Wait a bit.
Go upstairs to check.

Feel the other two.

Protip: Make harder puzzles that people haven't seen before. I've read all those puzzles before.

ShadowPierce

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 26, 2010, 09:42:23 pm
Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 26, 2010, 09:36:33 pm
Turn one on (A).
Wait a bit.
Go upstairs to check.

Feel the other two.

Protip: Make harder puzzles that people haven't seen before. I've read all those puzzles before.
->I use ones that I've heard before... :^_^': I think I'll try making one of my own... :D

1161-0627-9890

winkio

September 26, 2010, 09:47:39 pm #55 Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:51:42 pm by winkio
two puzzles for the price of zero:

using four '9's and addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, find and expression that evaluates to 100.

(everything is in base 10)

there are 100 prisoners standing in a line, facing front.  Each prisoner has either a white or a black hat on.  Since they are in the line, each prisoner can see the hat of every man in front of him (the person at the back can see 99 hats).  Starting from the back of the line, and going to the front, each is asked what color hat they have.  If they are right, they live, wrong, they die.  How many prisoners can be saved, and how should they do it?

ShadowPierce

Quote from: winkio on September 26, 2010, 09:47:39 pm

using four '9's and addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, find and expression that evaluates to 100.

->Do I have to use all operations or should it be like this?

Answer: ShowHide
(9/9)+99=100

BTW, I'm still having a hard time figuring out the second one... :P

1161-0627-9890

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 26, 2010, 09:16:22 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 25, 2010, 04:45:34 pm

That's not how age works. >:U
->Age was never mentioned dude... :P

I also think the Feb29 thing is the most likely answer... :haha:

What now?

blackfox1250

its not realy a puzzle but it is puzzling me ...

If I raced a friend of mine from the second floor to the eight floor (I used the stairs he used the elevator) and I won. Is it not fair that i pressed the button for the elevator every 2 floors,

Puzzle

Why?           I really want to see what people will say

winkio

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 26, 2010, 10:12:43 pm
Quote from: winkio on September 26, 2010, 09:47:39 pm

->Do I have to use all operations or should it be like this?

Answer: ShowHide
(9/9)+99=100

BTW, I'm still having a hard time figuring out the second one... :P

you got the first one.