[CFRESOURCE]BABS Character Templates

Started by Calintz, September 21, 2010, 05:18:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

September 21, 2010, 05:18:35 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:46:15 am by Calintz
Dear Chaos Project,
I am going to create a set of templates aimed at Blizzard ABS's pose requirements. The demand for resources to use with Blizzard's active battle system is off the charts as is, and yet continues to grow. I want to help people get off on the right foot by supplying them with resources that will help them create their own characters and poses. I have started this endeavor by reconstructing a default character template which can be found below. This is only the beginning of what I hope to be a great addition to the resources found here at Chaos Project.

I greatly encourage questions, comments, and concerns throughout this process. It will help me create finished products that meet member's interests. I may even create several poses for the weapon sets should people want there to be more than one animation for their characters.

The templates will be made in the following order:
1. Default Charaset
2. One Handed Sword
3. Spear
4. Two Handed Weapon (Axe, Greatsword...etc)
5. Bow and Arrow
6. Fisticuffs
7. Blunt Objects (Staff, Club, etc...)

Templates:
Default Charaset:
Spoiler: ShowHide

OHS Pose: (One Handed Sword)

poxy

Pretty cool. Haven't tested it yet. These should come in handy when finished, tho. Level up for taking on the task :)
My Project: ShowHide

Calintz

@Poxy:
The Niche said he tested the first attack sprite, and that it worked fluently.

I will try to finish the Spear sometime tonight.

Calintz

The Niche

Test sprite:

Ok, so it looks pretty stupid without the sword. Obviously. But still, it works pretty well.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Calintz

The animation looks fast...is that the default speed for gameplay?

The Niche

I don't know, actually. It's G_G's sprite animator, if that explains it at all. How's the project going?
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Calintz

Eh, they look like they're traveling 2frames per second. Gameplay goes at four I think.
I traveled to Sweet Valley to visit my father this weekend, and I didn't take my laptop with me. I got back earlier today, so I haven't had the time to work on this task. I will continue working this week. Sorry for the delay.

Dweller

Quote from: Calintz on September 26, 2010, 08:29:10 pm
Eh, they look like they're traveling 2frames per second. Gameplay goes at four I think.

If you use with Blizz-ABS you can configure the animation frames rate, so is not a problem.
Dwellercoc

Holyrapid

Dweller, take a moment to think about how long Calintz has been on these forums. He knows that for certain, even if he doesn't use BABS, he has checked it out...

Dweller

Quote from: DesPKP on September 27, 2010, 05:00:08 am
Dweller, take a moment to think about how long Calintz has been on these forums. He knows that for certain, even if he doesn't use BABS, he has checked it out...

mmm he said gameplay goes at four, for that reason I said in Blizz-ABS you can configure that. I respect Calintz work and my comment was not on the way of offend or attack him (quite the opossite). 
Dwellercoc

Holyrapid

And that's not what i meant either... What i meant is that there was no reason for you to point that BABS setting to Calintz as it is reasonable to assume that he knew it for certain...

Calintz

@Dweller:
Thank you for clarifying that. I, in fact, did not know that for certain.

@Desk:
Assuming makes an ass out of you and me...a salaried member of management where I work told me that once. Not that I'm scolding you, but I think this quote can be appreciated by this conflict. Never assume anything. Draw assumptions last, and have support for theories at all measures...

In the end, his post was beneficial. =).

The Niche

Calintz

Hey bud,
this project is still underway. I have been working diligently on a custom tileset for my game. This is where my time has been going. Rest assured though...I will complete this task, especially since I am going to need these sprites for my Gladiator game!

nathmatt

just thought i would let you know your images were down
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Calintz

Shit...they're still loading on my page, Lol.
I'll renew the links. I still have them on my photobucket, but I moved them.

The Niche

The Niche

Ok guys, Calintz has been away or something, and I think I'm not the only one getting a little impatient. So to give you something to occupy your time while we wait for him, I've edited the OHS pose to make a left handed one and a two weapon one.
Two Weapons: ShowHide

Left handed sword: ShowHide

Calintz, if you want to edit these to make them more in keeping with the style, that's fine, but I just did a bit of frankenspriting from the template itself, so it shouldn't be necessary.