[CFRESOURCE]BABS Character Templates

Started by Calintz, September 21, 2010, 05:18:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeXuS

Your image links have been cancled by photobucket, please someone repost the images.   :plz:

The Niche

Gawd I'm bored. Very bored in fact. And I kinda needed the template. So:

Shh! It's a secret!: ShowHide

It's a two handed weapon template. Not a two handed sword one, I'll need to edit it a bit before it can be used as that. And I shall post a sprite showing how to use it tomorrow, I kinda need sleep now.

And Dexus:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

DeXuS

Sweet, Thank you!!!   (Levels you down per request) :evil: I feel evil now, lol

Ryex

not to belittle you work niche but the two handed one in only right for the top pose
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

The Niche

January 22, 2011, 04:18:41 am #24 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:09:33 pm by The Niche
It'll make a bit more sense when I upload an example sprite.

Edit: Ah fuck, Ryex was right. Ok, I'll have the fixed version up later on.

And I think that weapons might need a little bit more than resizing and rotating. >.<

Edit: Tadaaaa...

Template: ShowHide

Note: This template is going to require you to edit the weapon sprite a little, so if you're requesting weapon sprites, be sure to mention that you're using this to the spriter. They also might not have seen the template, so provide a link to this message.

Weapon alignment demonstration: ShowHide

For those of you who haven't already copped on to the fact, the black line represents the weapon.

Edit: Woops, I left in some guidelines. The template's still usable, but it doesn't look as good.

Edit: Fixed version:

Edit: Example sprite!

Edit: Ok, it's actually possible to use this template for swords. It's a little complicated, so here:

Sorry about the white spaces in the animation, G_G's sprite animator does that automatically.
Also, I added an animation to the example sprite.

Edit: Whoa almost double posted there. Anyway, I did the two handed spear set as well.
Pose: ShowHide

Alignment Guide: ShowHide

The same note as before applies to this template too. I've really gotta stop doing them like this.

Edit: Spear pose example!

Not my usual demo character but what are you gonna do about it?
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

The Niche

And, I've gone and done the bow template too! Aren't I nice? (BTW Cal, I'm sure your templates will be better than mine, if you do make any more. Please do post them here, especially if they're different poses)

The template:

Guide:

Ryex

when you use a bow you draw back to your ear or just behind not half a foot behind your back. also you line up the center of the bow with your eyes so you can sight down the arrow.

fixing those things will make it look better and solve the problem of the arms looking like contorted rag dole oranatang limbs
that template clashes horribly with my knowledge of archery.

I'm sorry it so harsh but the template looks awful and I can't think of a nice way to say that. sorry.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Wow, those are freakishly long arms. O_o
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

February 12, 2011, 05:41:19 pm #28 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:50:23 pm by Kagutsuchi
Quote from: Blizzard on February 12, 2011, 05:27:13 pm
Wow, those are freakishly long arms. O_o

its not a man, it is a japanese tentacle monster here to rape us all!

Appreciated the work Niche but you gotta work a bit more on that one :P

I have practiced a bit of archery in my life, and I want to note 3 things:
1. The hand holding the bow gets stretched out, while the hand holding the string stops straight next to your ear / straight behind it
2. You will be standing slightly sideways (if you feel like you can handle that)
3. Also you are not bending your back like that

Try standing in archery position yourself and see how your hands are, if you are stretching the hand pulling the string far behind your head YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

LIEK DIS YEZZ

OR DIZ

Or maybe this..

But absolutely not this

Ryex

ok, you can do the last one but the bow better be dam awesome.

The Niche

I know right? Yeah, I'll redo this when I get the chance. Thanks for the advice!

RoseSkye

Kagutsuchi

Taiine

Thought this may help some.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOCE-vqehLM&feature=related
Short video on the archers pose and how to shoot.

Body to the side, left arm stretched out, legs placed at shoulders width apart, draw back to the ear/jaw/eye/personal pref, look down the arrow to sight.

^^; I love archery. ;3

RoseSkye

The Niche

Alright, finally got around to doing this.

The template: ShowHide

The guides: ShowHide

Would someone please do an example sprite for me? I have to hit the hay.

Ryex

great improvement just a fee things.

- the position of the arm on the forward facing sprite is two low. it needs to be up closer to the ear.

- the feed on the side facing sprites looks weird because they're right next to each other and on the same level.  shorten and move the back foot back a little to make it look like the feet are staggered like they should be.

it's much MUCH better compared to the first try, good work!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

March 14, 2011, 03:31:20 am #38 Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:38:39 am by The Niche
Alright, this shouldn't take too long. Thanks for the feedback, I should have the sprite done within the hour.

Edit: Yep. Took me from 08:30 to 9:29.

Template: ShowHide

Guides: ShowHide

Ryex

much better, but I think the legs are too far apart now.  the arm position looks much better too.