Lavot Story (XP) Its a side scroller

Started by Ballade, September 24, 2010, 05:02:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballade

September 24, 2010, 05:02:19 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:12:50 am by Ballade

Gameplay

Well, I'm going to attempt to make a side scroller/platformer game. The only problem i have is with maps, some are hard to make linear, so if anybody can help me out with that then pm me. About the fighting system, I'm using XAS ABS because the enemies are more cuztomizable than any other abs i know on any other maker, witch helps alot in a platformer game.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZsOvO9c8CL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZfUNUSxMXU

Back Story

In 2004 a scientist tried to make "fake" humans. All his creations were terribly flawed until 2008. That year he successfully created an unnamed human. Later, the scientist named him GEMINI DRN - 001, Gemini for short. About a year later, ARIES DRN - 002 (Aries for short) was created by the same scientist. The two were meant to just be housekeepers for the scientist, until a tragic outbreak occurred. An unknown infection had spread across Carmina Gadelica (Their home town). It caused deaths of many citizens, until they accused the scientist. His robots caused this unknown infection. The people formed a mob and tried to destroy the two creations, but they went berserk and wiped out the entire mob. The survivors evacuated that part of Carmina Gadelica, locking Gemini and Aries away in what is now called the "slums".

Characters (So far)

Cruz

The main character of the game. He uses a small gun to fight. He can use Model X, an adapter to his gun and use an even stronger gun.

Akira

Akira is Cruz's friend, she uses a small gun like Cruz. She accompanies Cruz while they fight to kill Gemini and Aries

Devak

Akira's friend. She thinks he's the smartest person she knows and that causes him to treat Akira and Cruz like there dumb.

Giro

Giro is Cruz's best friend. like anyone else, he uses a gun in battle, but has the power to transform into Model Z, which uses a sword.

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Spaceman McConaughey

Ew, XAS.

And the game looks very ugly, sorry. Clash here, clash there, clash everywhere.

And the story, is not the best at all.

And before you take offense, it's just my criticism and opinion. :D

Blizzard

The HUD clashes a lot with the graphical style of the rest of the game. The game would have looked more consistent with and old-school graphic style HUD.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Let us not forget about the fog he used on the jungle level.

And the character sprites, dunno why... but they look out of place there. They seem to clash a bit to me. But, it may be just me.

Ballade

Yea, i was planning on changing the HUD, idc about the characters cuz im not changing them and the fog? Its used for forests or whatever so thats what i used em for. What is clash btw? is it good or bad?

Subsonic_Noise

September 24, 2010, 06:46:13 pm #5 Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:18:16 pm by Subsonic_Noise
A clash is when two things don't fit together. Like your parents when they got divorced Sorry for that.
Anyhow, continue this, it looks quite good. Nothing too new or interesting, thougj, and the story is far too confusing in terms of throwing around names right now. First Bio is a person / Monster, then it suddenly is a disease, then later you explain that bio can cause a disease that has the same name as him, and in the end the main chara teleports back to a random city that was never mentioned before?
Also, what's with all the gay / bi stuff? Is that really necessary? Or is that some kind of new trendy thing every game needs now...

Blizzard

Also, please put screenshots and images in spoilers in future. *fixes first post*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Ballade on September 24, 2010, 06:43:53 pm
Yea, i was planning on changing the HUD, idc about the characters cuz im not changing them and the fog? Its used for forests or whatever so thats what i used em for. What is clash btw? is it good or bad?

Your project is doomed to be an ugly hunk of shit.

Ballade

Quote from: Branden on September 24, 2010, 06:50:47 pm
Quote from: Ballade on September 24, 2010, 06:43:53 pm

Your project is doomed to be an ugly hunk of shit.

Have a nice day

Spaceman McConaughey

legacyblade

O.o why is everyone so harsh on this project? It actually looks pretty epic. Sure he's using XAS, but aside from the hud and menu, the graphics are pretty. Ya, there probably rips, but that's whole thing is pretty impressive for and RMXP project. I for one want so see more.

36inc

I am Rose Erin.

Ballade

Wow i didnt know there would be a good comment  on here. and I changed the whole story, just didnt update it cuz i dnt feel like it. ill do it l8tr

Ballade

Subsonic_Noise

36inc

I am Rose Erin.

Valdred

The project looks ok man, but please don't use words like l8ter. It makes you look like an ass!

Ballade

Kett Shee

It looks okay, the HUD clashes a lot though, but I can't really add anything to that because a lot of RMXP games start out using temp graphics. SOTN HUD lol...

Quote from: 36inc on September 26, 2010, 11:33:12 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 26, 2010, 10:19:38 am
The Edit button, how does it work?

Just like magnets.Lol (2 points for those who get the joke)

Miracles.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Blizzard