Mystic Saga

Started by 36inc, September 24, 2010, 10:52:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

36inc

September 24, 2010, 10:52:02 pm Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:12:25 am by 36inc
 You know what screw it.
Ive been trying all day to update this game info,but it wont let me update it when it matters only when its bullshit like this.

If I get this game up and running Ill just put it on my site.
I am Rose Erin.

Subsonic_Noise

Please look at other project threads and use the layout provided by them while adding more story information, screenshots, features, character bios, etc. There's no way I'd download a demo with as little information given as here.

Blizzard

I don't even look at games without screenshots. D:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

36inc

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 25, 2010, 04:23:42 am
Please look at other project threads and use the layout provided by them while adding more story information, screenshots, features, character bios, etc. There's no way I'd download a demo with as little information given as here.

the story is still developing I cant give away to much about what I do have.
but I have added screen-shots and a features section.
I was reluctant to because I knew Id be adding stuff and I could just add it in later when it was already in or finished.
Some features arent ganna be experienced till later.
but I did put down the ones I am going to have in the finished game.
I am Rose Erin.

Dweller

Quotewhen you DIE in the game your save file will be erased

Are you sure you want to include this feature in your game? looks like you gonna lose a lot of player...
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

36inc

Quote from: Dweller on September 25, 2010, 04:15:27 pm
Quotewhen you DIE in the game your save file will be erased

Are you sure you want to include this feature in your game? looks like you gonna lose a lot of player...

This feature would be rare.Like only 2 enemies would have it and niether of them you would cross in normal circumstances.

They would be the REAPER as in death its self.
and the God Hades.
Cause both of them rule over death.
So itd make sense.
It wont be like a frog randomly killing you with your file.
I am Rose Erin.

Dweller

Quote from: 36inc on September 25, 2010, 04:21:22 pm
This feature would be rare.Like only 2 enemies would have it and niether of them you would cross in normal circumstances.

Despite of the "rare" feature I think is too risky for a game. If I´m playing a game and after my character died I lost all my progress,  I think I probably use the uninstall button.
Dwellercoc

36inc

Quote from: Dweller on September 25, 2010, 05:56:43 pm
Quote from: 36inc on September 25, 2010, 04:21:22 pm

Despite of the "rare" feature I think is too risky for a game. If I´m playing a game and after my character died I lost all my progress,  I think I probably use the uninstall button.

thats pretty finicky of you isnt it?
I guess youve never played the ultima games.
He tends to punish you a great deal while giving you someof the best game play ever.
and thats where I draw alot of my wants and needs from.
I wanna punish the player for being reckless and yet reward them for playing .

Either way their side quests and they would WARN you before you go in.
And theres and easy way to get past this feature
Save on more then one slot before going in.
its only going to erase the one your using.
I am Rose Erin.

Spaceman McConaughey

I will just copy & paste my old save games to a temporary place. Yeah. :)

Lobstrosity

I don't think thats a very good idea. The point of having more than one save file is for other people to play as well. Can't you make those enemies take you down to Level 1 or something instead of erasing your whole game?
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

36inc

Quote from: Lobstrosity on September 25, 2010, 10:09:10 pm
I don't think thats a very good idea. The point of having more than one save file is for other people to play as well. Can't you make those enemies take you down to Level 1 or something instead of erasing your whole game?

That would be easier to do,but why is it so important?
It would only be a threat in two OPTION Bosses,who are mythes greatest examples of Death.

To me that fits the motif of "true death"
so dead even the Reset button wont save you.
not like their arent ways around it.there freaken 99 save slots how many people are ganna play on one computor?Its easy to get around save twice,if you lose you have a spot still.

Seriously how scary is it for the lord of Death to have you erased from the entire game,thats awesome.
Compared to simply making you lvl1
i mean seriously wouldnt you be the same amount of pissed anyway?
I am Rose Erin.

Dweller

Quotethats pretty finicky of you isnt it?

I don´t think so. Games are for fun and I can´t see the fun of deleting the save file, in my opinion this feature have non sense (I can be wrong)

QuoteAnd theres and easy way to get past this feature
Save on more then one slot before going in.
its only going to erase the one your using.

Quotehere freaken 99 save slots how many people are ganna play on one computor?Its easy to get around save twice,if you lose you have a spot still.

So what is the point of include the delete save file feature? just disturbs players?
You can punish the players for being reckless in a lot different ways without deleting their save file.

Imagin if you game will be sold on stores. Is not a good marketing advertising to read on the box cover: "...we delete your save games..." (dramatic).
Dwellercoc

Wizered67

I don't think I'd play (or have fun playing) any game that could delete my save files. I'd be scared to move.

36inc

Well fine I guess Hades and the bloody freaking Reaper will just have high stats.or something.I didnt think this many people would care about that feature.

But if you cant beat either of these bosses
Blame Dweller.

Has anyone actually played the demo,this feature isnt in the game yet,it was something I was ganna add later anyway.
I am Rose Erin.

Dweller

Quote from: 36inc on September 26, 2010, 12:24:04 am
But if you cant beat either of these bosses
Blame Dweller.

If I can´t beat either of these bosses I will get my save file erased :).

Go ahead with this feature if you think is cool. I just wanted to tell you that is a reason for me to not play your game (as a few others told you on this post).

Dwellercoc

Blizzard

Games that are too real are not fun. If you have to actually start over the whole game, why bother playing it in the first place? There is no limit to the stupidity of the ideas some people are getting in game development. I don't know what's worse. The stupid ideas themselves or the actual fact that those people think they would be great ideas.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

36inc

Quote from: Blizzard on September 26, 2010, 04:11:52 am
Games that are too real are not fun. If you have to actually start over the whole game, why bother playing it in the first place? There is no limit to the stupidity of the ideas some people are getting in game development. I don't know what's worse. The stupid ideas themselves or the actual fact that those people think they would be great ideas.

The creative process is filled with filtering ideas out to see whats a good medium between the creator and audience.I like hard games that punish recklessness and reward play..If the features too much Ill just take it out and think of a better way to make the Reaper and Hades intimidate you.
I am Rose Erin.

Blizzard

That's alright. And I respect that. Everybody has their own preference and that's cool. I personally like challenging games myself (but I hate masohistic and frustrating games). But the first thing you need to realize about game development is that you are making games for others to play, not for yourself. That's why you need to step outside your own mind and look at things from a different perspective. Not every feature that you think is good will be good to everybody else. That is also the reason why games often borrow concepts from similar games. They are tested and known that people like them. e.g. point-can-click adventures have had hint systems implemented recently. All the older games didn't have that and after a few games had a hints system and people liked it, developers realized that this is a concept to go.

36inc

Quote from: Blizzard on September 26, 2010, 11:48:58 am
That's alright. And I respect that. Everybody has their own preference and that's cool. I personally like challenging games myself (but I hate masohistic and frustrating games). But the first thing you need to realize about game development is that you are making games for others to play, not for yourself. That's why you need to step outside your own mind and look at things from a different perspective. Not every feature that you think is good will be good to everybody else. That is also the reason why games often borrow concepts from similar games. They are tested and known that people like them. e.g. point-can-click adventures have had hint systems implemented recently. All the older games didn't have that and after a few games had a hints system and people liked it, developers realized that this is a concept to go.

Yeah I guess so,I wouldnt want to end up like George Lucas.
no wait yes I do hes rich.lol
I am Rose Erin.

36inc

Is it legal to bump this?
I need feedback on the progress.
Im getting some bugs on my own,but I know where you find one you find 10 more.so
PLz people look for bugs and problems.

Its greatly appreciated.
I am Rose Erin.

Valdred

Recruiting eventers is unnecessary. Everyone can event, it takes a week to learn if you use tutorials. 

36inc

September 28, 2010, 03:25:18 pm #21 Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:27:25 pm by 36inc
Quote from: Valdred on September 28, 2010, 03:22:26 pm
Recruiting eventers is unnecessary. Everyone can event, it takes a week to learn if you use tutorials.  

I know theres just a lot of eventing to do and I dont mind help.

however what I really need is spriters.I can do graphics all day but Pixel art is alien to me to the point of no return.And while I am willing to learn it.I think Ill need someone making these for me for now.
Alot of maps and events to do,and music and sounds and of course getting all the data right and balanced.I would love to have a spriter!just so I can cut the time down.
I am Rose Erin.

Valdred

Listen! you're making a game here, which means you'll have to use a lot of time doing these things. Don't try to push it away. Spriters are hard to get. I've payed/traded most of the ones who have worked for me, you should do so too. Spriting is time consuming, most people wont do it for free.

36inc

Quote from: Valdred on September 28, 2010, 04:49:50 pm
Listen! you're making a game here, which means you'll have to use a lot of time doing these things. Don't try to push it away. Spriters are hard to get. I've payed/traded most of the ones who have worked for me, you should do so too. Spriting is time consuming, most people wont do it for free.

I know I said it would be nice to have some,not that I wont do it myself if I have to.
Infact Im editing some this week.(cause doing it from scratch will result in Atari graphics lol)

if I dont ask then I gain nothing.
At least if I ask theres a real chance to cut down production time.
now as is it wont even see post production till january or later.
so Im not pushing it out.Im taking my sweet time.

Which reminds me im still on the hunt for bugs and script errors so
much appreciated if someone would help.
I am Rose Erin.

36inc

Can I safely bump this without controversy?

Okies I just added a character Bio
I will add more as I finish them!
I am Rose Erin.

WhiteRose

Quote from: 36inc on September 30, 2010, 02:37:20 pm

Yup, double-posting is legal as long as it's been more than 24 hours.

36inc

Quote from: WhiteRose on September 30, 2010, 06:44:55 pm

well i know that.
I was more along the lines of "if I add some character bios someone wont troll it"
Im being cautious cause I know their out there.waiting...for what,ill have to see.

I am Rose Erin.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: 36inc on September 30, 2010, 06:47:36 pm

well i know that.
I was more along the lines of "if I add some character bios someone wont troll it"
Im being cautious cause I know their out there.waiting...for what,ill have to see.

It's the internet. Deal with it.

36inc

Quote from: Branden on September 30, 2010, 06:56:54 pm
Quote from: 36inc on September 30, 2010, 06:47:36 pm

well i know that.

It's the internet. Deal with it.

yeah just dont get mad if I Deal with it,by smiting the troll.
Just sayin its all too easy to get heckled for nothing.Im trying to avoid that.

by being super sneaky ninja.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

Improve your mapping...it's very...plain.

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on September 30, 2010, 07:40:42 pm
Improve your mapping...it's very...plain.

okies.
I agree I wasnt really happy with them either.
Specialy sense My maps were so gorgeous before my stupid computor froze and corrupted my data!!!

Nani ne!?
I have to do alot of this too sense I had mapped out 5 huge countries.
I am Rose Erin.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: 36inc on September 30, 2010, 07:04:00 pm
yeah just dont get mad if I Deal with it,by smiting the troll.
Just sayin its all too easy to get heckled for nothing.Im trying to avoid that.

by being super sneaky ninja.

I don't get mad, I laugh my ass off at your attempts.

Calintz

Just a suggestion...but it would be nice if you made a custom windowskin to compliment the title screen a little better. The red is distracting. Then, change the windowskin before showing any messages.

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on September 30, 2010, 08:22:18 pm
Just a suggestion...but it would be nice if you made a custom windowskin to compliment the title screen a little better. The red is distracting. Then, change the windowskin before showing any messages.

good idea i actualy have a picture in window skins that is totaly transparent.
Thats a simple change.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

That it is, and yet it will be a great aesthetic adjustment.

36inc

Bumping,I have more characters Editing them in now.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 09:37:57 pm #36 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:51:52 pm by Calintz
Well...the DEMO is huge, but I'm downloading it now, Lol.

Edit:
Okay, personally...I can't get into your game, because it doesn't have an intro, and the game begins in the middle of the city and has no direction either. I don't know where to go, and the graphics are really glitchy in battle. You need to work on your maps a tad too.

36inc

Well yeah I know theres no intro,Im working on that as we speak. but the more pressing problems are is I cant update this subject.I have more characters to show off and it wont let me post it.

It just takes me to an error screen!!

Oh and I already fixed alot of those buggs.the graphics are going to be on the lazy side till post production seeing how Im still trying to write the story and set up the sytems.

Really when I said bugs I meant game enders and and huge holes.
Like something that crashes the gqame or allows you to go around the systems.

the two bugs im trying to fix right now are urking me bad,When defending the enemies are supposed to react,But after it signals the reaction it completly turns the page down.

and the other ones a thing that makes the enemies "gohst" its like they have two bodies and defeating them doesnt erase them.its given me a headache cuase it doesnt happen allthe time.

The intro is being worked on too.but Im mapping and editing scripts too.
The game loooks eons different from my current demo.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

I'm happy to hear that.
Let me know when you upload a new demo.

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on October 03, 2010, 10:06:01 pm
I'm happy to hear that.
Let me know when you upload a new demo.

I will deffinatly do that,but right now the characters need introducing and I cant post the forum.
This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?action=post2;start=0;msg=122738;sesc=58300471ec05b875da4bbdab81d5cf9a;board=14 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error

yeah this is what appears to me when I hit save.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

Hmm...I don't know what to tell you.

36inc

crap how am I going to update my game now?
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 10:19:22 pm #42 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:36:40 pm by Calintz
It may just be a temporary problem.

Edit:
My internet is back up and running again smoothly. Try to edit your thread again.