Shawn's Story is gone

Started by Sima Yi, August 30, 2010, 06:21:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sima Yi

This is great.My desktop,which contain my project,Shawn's Story,had its hard disk wear and tear and now the whole data is gone.I did not save it anywhere else.My efforts of 2 years just went away in an hour.

Shawn's Story?
This game talks about a 7th line lieutenant who lives in a properous city named as Ehira.His name is Shawn Manorga.However,there seem to be greed in the town council of Ehira,Regias,and presuaded the king to attack a poor but high in technology city,Republic of Godn(I haven;t decided the name yet).Shawn was sent for the war but he found everyone dead after a huge explosion at the war.From then,he wondered around as a man with no memory.

The ancestors of Ehira believed that those that can survive and not die at the explosion(this spell is known as annihation)is known to be an immortal.However,Shawn's empty mind reminded him of nothing.

There are a total of 5 immortals which came into the world an 800 years ago from another dimension,and they never grow old.However the belief of the exsistance of immortals vanished,and all immortals had no memory.Except for one.

This immortal was the one who sealed all his fellow's memories.And guess who it is.In Shawn's Story you will find out.

But however the whole project is gone without a trace.

Ryex

August 30, 2010, 11:36:19 am #1 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:41:16 am by Ryexander
if you really want it back you could send the drive to a professional and them might be able to recover it. it will cost a bit but I can't see it costing more than $60, but then I wouldn't really know...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Don't throw your HDD away yet. Go find a data recovery service that can get your data out of it for a fee. I once saved CP the same way.

EDIT: Beat me to it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sima Yi

I went to ask many computer experts,but they all gave the same answer that the hard disk can only read but not written,thus the memory cannot be returned back.Mr Blizzard,it's completely gone in an hour.I just watched it helplessly go away.

Blizzard

Then where is the problem? Connect the HDD to another PC and get your data out if you can read the data.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sima Yi

There a some kind of 'needle' to read the harddisk.Since this hard disk is about 5 years,there are 4 main possibilities that the hard disk was spoilt:

1.Most commonly-Wear and tear
2.Virus attack
3.The 'needle' broke
4.Kicking the CPU,causing the needle to scratch the hard disk.

Mine was Cause 3 and 4.This cause fatal damage to the hard disk.

Blizzard

Then that's what I am trying to tell you all the time. The needle of my HDD broke as well. It scratched the HDD a little bit, but I got over 99% of my data back. There were just a few mp3s that were broken and that was it. The guys at the service took my HDD apart and used a special tool they had to read the data from the raw magnet disks. They got all my data out and only very little was damaged.