Halo: Reach

Started by Diokatsu, September 26, 2010, 07:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

Holy shit this game is amazing. I was never really a Halo fanboy, although I do enjoy them somewhat especially the first, but this game is just amazing.

winkio

I have not played it yet.  What's new/awesome in Reach?

Diokatsu

September 26, 2010, 07:54:30 pm #2 Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:37:12 pm by Diokatsu
Quote from: winkio on September 26, 2010, 07:47:45 pm
I have not played it yet.  What's new/awesome in Reach?

The cut scenes and graphics are superb and the weapons have been modified and added to. Overall, the gameplay has been smoothed out and the addition of loadout options like COD makes for varied gameplay in multiplayer and firefight. Additionally, the loudouts abilities are a new variable that multiplayer users have never experimented with before. Overall the game has been fleshed out.

To be honest, since I'm more casual in term of Halo, this game jsut felt like the final, best and most perfect Halo game that Bungie could offer. However, if you're a dedicated fan, Halo: Reach might feel like the same old deal with a few new features. It's really about how you few it. For a standalone game, excluding the storyline and just admiring for it's own features, the game is nearly perfect. It fufills Halo's original intention. Except that jetpacks are broken. Fuck jetpacks.

Spoiler: ShowHide

http://diokatsu.deviantart.com/#/d2zk996

Landith

Jetpacks, IMO, are balanced as they become easy targets it's just headshots are kinda hard to hit but one thing I highly dislike is the Armor Lock ability. That is really annoying cause you can get 4 clean shots on him, he activates that after he gets 3 on you and someone can come behind him and finish you off with 2 shots. It's just annoying but yeah Halo: Reach is an amazing game. I can't wait for them to put a separate playlist for SWAT because in Team Slayer everyone will vote for SWAT which I like sometimes but every game it's just annoying.

I've played Halo since Halo 2 casually and I think that once Bungie works everything out it will be great. One thing is for sure though, Bungie has the best Customer Support I have ever seen. I mean the game has only been released for like a week and a half and they have already released a patch that fixes some of the things people have complained about. Also Co-op Online Campaign and MLG playlist will be released soon which is something I'm really looking forward to as I want to get good in Halo.

Although I'm not sure about my standing on the whole Credits thing. I mean it's a cool idea but I liked the old rank-up system in Halo 3. Another thing is I think that Bungie did like 1 new map and just used maps from Halo 2 and Halo 1 which kinda sucks but Forge World is epic. I mean making your own maps and sharing them is amzing, I just wish they had a playlist for custom maps instead of having to be in a party.

Dio, you have an xbox?

36inc

Halo is awesome The first games controlls felt loose to me,But that was my only complaint with the series.Im definable a fanboy.
Sci-fi Shooters dont get much better(though there was one that was better.Guess it and Ill rank you up)
I am Rose Erin.

Spoofus

hey if anyone wants to play Reach with me just gimme a message my gamer tag is Spoofuss
i been meaning to play this game for awhile just no one to play it with

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

tSwitch

More like Halo: Reacharound amirite? :V

Don't have it yet, might get it, looks nice.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

WhiteRose

Played this at a friend's house Friday night. It's more fun than I thought it would be, though I wasn't much good at it. I might get it if I have some spare cash floating around.

Diokatsu

Quote from: WhiteRose on November 14, 2010, 05:51:10 pm
Played this at a friend's house Friday night. It's more fun than I thought it would be, though I wasn't much good at it. I might get it if I have some spare cash floating around.

Good to hear.