My Tile Passability is Really Screwed Up!

Started by sirsniffy, October 02, 2010, 04:58:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sirsniffy

I am not sure what is happening, but the passability of all my tiles is a mess. In the Database, I have many of the building surfaces marked with an "X", but when I playtest, EVERYTHING is passable. I don't have any type of priority set, or any terrain tags checked off.

Is my system glitched? I don't know what is going on with my tiles. It's a new/non-standard RPGM map that I downloaded.

any ideas?
These precious things...let them bleed, let them wash away - Tori Amos

Wizered67

Are you by any chance holding down the ctrl key? While playtesting, this makes everything passable.

Calintz

I had this problem in the past.
I don't remember how I solved it, but if you PM me with your game I'll take a look.

Otherwise, someone may post an answer before I get to it.

Edit:
Or at best, upload some screenshots of your database for us.

Ryex

check your events to make sure that you haven't set the through flag for the player or used a move event command to set it.  also check out blizzards mapping tutorial to see a mapping style that prevents passability problems
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

sirsniffy

Hmmm. Here are some screens of my database. I am not holding down the CTRL button to my knowledge. It should be noted that I am using a logitech game controller. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Clearly I have these edges X'd off...

But the characters still can walk through everything!

I definitely don't have any terrain tags, or any priority arrows or counter tags in effect. Somebody told me that I may have a glitched program.

Calintz

would you mind uploading your game data to mediafire or a file hosting site, and PM me the link? I can't give a solid evaluation until I take a closer look. This isn't an aesthetic issue, so screen shots won't cut it.

sirsniffy

I will send it to you. Mediafire is amazingly slow for some reason. When I get it uploaded I will send you the link. Thanks!

poxy

I get the same problem all the time. I've noticed if either the 2nd or 3rd layer is passable, the whole square is treated as passable. It could be you have used the 2nd or 3rd layer as a fill of a passable tile.
My Project: ShowHide