A event generator (blizz-abs monster "nest" generator)

Started by Magus, October 03, 2010, 11:44:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

I can't figure out a way to do this, but is there any way one could create a monster generator?

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Calintz

Like a super event that until destroyed continues to create new enemies periodically?

In theory it should be simple...
I'm sure Blizzard incorporated a script call that will check to see if the enemy is alive or dead. Find out if there is one. If there is, then use that call script under a parallel process condition that starts a timer when the enemy dies. Wait so many seconds and reset the enemy's location and revive him there with the call script command. You would need a switch for the hive and a second page for your monsters. When you destroy the hive, let the switch change the monster's pages so they stop coming back to life.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Magus on October 03, 2010, 11:44:13 pm
I can't figure out a way to do this, but is there any way one could create a monster generator?

You mean Gauntlet-style? Yes, Calintz's idea would work, or you could implement it using the respawning enemies feature that, if I remember correctly, is planned for a future version of BABS.

Ryex

i thought that enemy re-spawns were already there...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Magus

Quote from: WhiteRose on October 04, 2010, 12:53:27 am
Quote from: Magus on October 03, 2010, 11:44:13 pm

You mean Gauntlet-style? Yes, Calintz's idea would work, or you could implement it using the respawning enemies feature that, if I remember correctly, is planned for a future version of BABS.

A respawning feature eh?  Awesome.  I guess I have to wait; until then, I will see if I can find the required items for Calintz's idea.

Edit:  Yes, there is some respawning feature in babs; however, its not a generator or "hive."  And its called "respawn time" but that's for ALL enemies; rather than individuals

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Dweller

Quote from: Magus on October 04, 2010, 01:25:44 am
Edit:  Yes, there is some respawning feature in babs; however, its not a generator or "hive."  And its called "respawn time" but that's for ALL enemies; rather than individuals

I think that /respawn[id] is what you are looking for a individual respawn point.
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

winkio said he will implement the create-an-enemy script call.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Magus