[Discussion]Evented Battle System

Started by Calintz, October 03, 2010, 11:44:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 11:44:52 pm Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:53:51 pm by Calintz
So I was wondering if eventing a battle system would hold any benefits over a scripted battle system. For my project, I will most likely use an active battle system. I fooled around with BABS, but I don't know how I feel about it. It would still need a makeover from its default structure in order to seamlessly assimilate into my game.

So, if I event-ed a custom battle system do you guys think it would give me more control over the flow of battle? Like, wouldn't I be able to trigger different things at different points easier?

WhiteRose

I think one major concern with such a system would be that it wouldn't be very user-friendly to modify it, unless you went extremely out of your way to make it so. This is one feature that makes BABS so great. If this is only for your personal use, though, then I think it would probably turn out just fine, depending on how good you are at eventing.

Calintz

I wouldn't be making it for the community. There would be no need with BABS already out.
I have this gut instinct that with events I would be able to dictate EXACTLY how battles take place, and I think that is going to be important in a Gladiator game.

nathmatt

id suggest just trying to make it see how it goes if you want to event it go right ahead look at Quintessence its all done with events
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Calintz