[XP] Individual Random Events

Started by Taiine, October 06, 2010, 09:50:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiine

I'm running into a small bind in my game.

with BABS I wanted some enemies to be random rather they are there or not. Now I can do it with with a common event and control variable with random number and call it in my enemy.

But the thing is they all share the same value, and you can't set it to x or below when calling the variable in the event, only x and above.
So each enemy has it's own variable # for when it shows, 5 and above, 10 and above, 15 and above, yes some sharing the same number.. but you get the idea...

However if that variable  = a high number/maxed number, EVERYTHING shows cause you can't set it so if it's x and below show and if above don't.

So while it can make them appear 'random' I also rather not have all of the events show if the variable lands on it's higher/maxed number.

Any idea how I may event this so it well.. gives each enemy more...randomness?

The Niche

Once again, Taiine, you miss the power of conditional branches. Have the branch check if the variable is the appropriate number in a separate event, common or map, then turn on all the appropriate events using a switch.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Taiine

And I had already tried doing just that and it would not function properly. :/ I couldn't get the random variable to run.

WhiteRose

Take a screenshot of your event code and post it here; then people will be able to see it and point out how you could improve it to have it work properly.

Taiine

October 06, 2010, 11:49:26 am #4 Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:02:57 pm by Taiine
I would love to, but I've tried, failed, started over, made a mess of things, started over, that I only have Control var, random bit. :/
Oh and one blank conditional branch that I'm starring at pondering how to do this that I hadn't already tried.

Okay if people seriously can't sort out what I mean... here
http://www.mediafire.com/?bf38ml6fy8gz5rr
A little demo.. pop in and out of the cave to see, the one starting next to you will tell you what the variable is at.

This isn't so much 'random' as it is 'higher the number, the more show up'

fjurio

do you solved your problem or do you need help?
As said, with a conditional branch its quite simple. If you need help i could make a picture of the event.