Sub is looking for video game to buy. Help him.

Started by Subsonic_Noise, October 06, 2010, 11:42:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Subsonic_Noise

So, I finally got some money for my birthday I can use for myself (don't ask) and I think I could use a game.
I only got a PC and about every nintendo console there is, and no, I don't have enough money to get a 360 or a ps3. I obviously like RPGs, certain kinds of shooters (not a big fan of war games, though) and action adventures.
The games don't need "realistic" graphics but rather ones that support the athmosphere and fits the game. Athmosphere is one of the most important things for me tbh, then comes gameplay and story. I'm willing to put up with a slightly flawed gameplay when the athmosphere is pulling me in.
Games I enjoyed alot are Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Oblivion, Mirrors Edge, Fallout 3, Mass Effect and so on. I already considered Metro 2033 and Stalker.

Any suggestions?

The Niche

Mass effect 2? I don't know, I haven't played it but it got good reviews, I believe.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: The Niche on October 06, 2010, 12:03:13 pm
Mass effect 2? I don't know, I haven't played it but it got good reviews, I believe.

Haven't finished Part 1 yet and I'm looking for some varity so meh.

WhiteRose

If you have a PS2, check out Persona 3 and/or 4. They're both fantastic games. Or at least, I enjoyed them. They're also fairly cheap. (Or buy Swap Magic and download them, along with any other PS2 games you might enjoy.... but you didn't hear that from me.)

If you don't have a PS2 and like horror games, try Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Great first person horror game, and fairly cheap on Steam.

winkio

Blizzard

October 06, 2010, 02:42:42 pm #5 Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:43:59 pm by Blizzard
I've heard Metro was good, but too short. Mass Effect 2 is decent, but I liked ME1 more because of a few innovative concepts that they abandoned in ME2. ._. I think that Mafia 2 is worth buying as well.

EDIT: Starcraft 2. Even though it's not the Starcraft we know, it seems to be a good game.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

I sadly don't have a PS2, or else I would be playing Shadow of the colossus right now... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
Might try the other one though, though loading games from steam sucks due to my bandwith limitation after 5gb of download and I prefer going to stores and buy something I can actually hold in my hands like the oldfashioned gentleman I am. Is it available in stores, too?
Metroid Other M is awesome... but too expensive for me to afford, sadly. I think that goes for Starcraft, too ._.
Thanks for the suggestions, though. Any more? xD I know I'm difficult.
Also, anyone played Metro 2033?

Blizzard

My friend did. As I said, he thought that the game was good, but way too short and too few RPG elements in the game.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on October 06, 2010, 04:34:37 pm
My friend did. As I said, he thought that the game was good, but way too short and too few RPG elements in the game.

Oh, I read that as metroid xD Oh well... It does look very promising though, and there are few postapocalyptic games out there... Could you ask your friend if there are any good mods for the game?

Diokatsu

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Diokatsu on October 06, 2010, 05:40:29 pm
Fallout 3.

GENIUS

I finished it twice and got the worst ending possible because I accidently the whole megaton.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on October 06, 2010, 03:23:36 pm
I sadly don't have a PS2, or else I would be playing Shadow of the colossus right now... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
Might try the other one though, though loading games from steam sucks due to my bandwith limitation after 5gb of download and I prefer going to stores and buy something I can actually hold in my hands like the oldfashioned gentleman I am. Is it available in stores, too?

I don't think so. It's from a pretty small company, so I think they only released it on Steam. Too bad your bandwidth is limited, or I'd recommend softmodding your Wii and just downloading games for it. I was surprised at how easy the process is.

Diokatsu

Quote from: WhiteRose on October 06, 2010, 06:59:04 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on October 06, 2010, 03:23:36 pm

I don't think so. It's from a pretty small company, so I think they only released it on Steam. Too bad your bandwidth is limited, or I'd recommend softmodding your Wii and just downloading games for it. I was surprised at how easy the process is.

Indie games lol.

Buy TF2 if your computer is pretty good and online games don't lag. Otherwise, Half-Life 2.

poxy

If you are looking for atmospheric Metro 2033 and Stalker are supposed to be good, and another is Dead Space. I haven't gotten around to trying those yet, tho.

Might also want to consider Crysis or Bioshock if you haven't played those yet. Crysis especially has engaging atmosphere, good story and gameplay.
My Project: ShowHide

Blizzard

Singularity. You should look it up. A friend of mine was totally into that game (it has time travel, lol).

Subsonic_Noise

Thanks for the suggestions!
Sooo, I went to the local mall and asked the guy at the gamestop wether he thinks Metro or Singularity is better, and it was when he said "definitely singularity" when I noticed a box... A BOX WITH ALL STALKER GAMES, FOR THE SAME PRICE AS SINGULARITY. So I tackled the employee and ran over to thr box, grabbed it and jumped out of the window while screaming manically. Sadly, while jumping, I lost the exact amount of money i would have had to pay and THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED.

Kett Shee

You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

RoseSkye

Diokatsu