Heat Chain

Started by G_G, February 08, 2010, 10:37:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

February 08, 2010, 10:37:18 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:52:59 pm by game_guy
I made a small script for Blizz-Abs. Its called heat chain. Now let me explain what it does.

Heat Chain is a combo like script. For every hit you get it adds 1 to your Heat Chain. You get hit by an enemy your chain goes back to 0. Now the chain may seem useless but it's not. I made it so you can configure skills to require the chain to be at a certain number before you can use it.

So for example:
Spiral Blade requires the chain to be 5 before you can use it. So you need to get 5 hits in a row to bring your Heat Chain to 5 without getting hit once. Then you can use it.

Current Features:

• Keeps track of hits in a row
  • Goes back to 0 when hit
  • Use certain skills when heat chain is a certain number
  • Each actor has its own chain

Planned Features:

• Use certain items when heat chain is a certain number
  • Certain skills increases the chain
  • Certain weapons and skills increase chain by 2 or 3
  • Skills/Items requiring two allies having a certain chain to use

Here's a preview of it in action. Youtube

What I really want are thoughts of the script and suggestions. The script is nearly perfect but I need to add the planned features. When its all done I'll think about releasing it. But right now its a private script for our game. So let me know what you guys think! And give suggestions!

Credits:

• game_guy ~ The script
  • Landith ~ the video intro (in video)
  • Aqua ~ number graphics and heat chain graphic (in video)
  • Everyone who I didnt credit but should be

Spaceman McConaughey

It's fucking awesome! :D

POWERz UP

Aqua

You didn't credit me ._____________.

*cries in a corner for being unthanked*

:V:?

G_G

Updated....suggestions please D:

legacyblade

I think it'd be cool if not using the "heat points" in your heat chain was some sort of an advantage. While using it to cast skills is useful, letting it build up could increase the damage you do with each attack, make your regular skills stronger, and give you a cooler looking graphic :P (your heat starts emanating off you if you build up enough, a visual que to the level your heat chain is at).

That's what I'd like to see, anyways.

G_G

Okay so pretty much the higher the chain the stronger your attacks and skills are? Nice idea!
The emitting red from the character will be difficult. (Most likely not possible due to my scripting levels

Also this is just a quick question. When using a skill that requires a chain should it subtract from your chain?

Spiral Blade needs chain to be 5. When used it'll take 5 from the chain. Should this be added?

legacyblade

Ya, certain skills should use up bits of your chain. And the pulsing red could be done by looping an animation (or just changing the character's graphic with a script call), but that's just a visual nicety and doesn't really matter. The added strength makes sense, in terms of magic. Your body is enhanced by the magic you're building up, then it goes back to normal once you release it all.

One skill that would also be cool is a power that unleashes your entire heat chain, regardless of the amount. The damage it does would be proportionate to the amount of heat in your heat chain.

And that's all my ideas on the subject :p

G_G

I can do the looping animation thing. Have the animation change depending on level of heat chain. I like the skill that uses all the chain idea. I could put that in.

I'm gonna start adding these in as soon as I finish Cybele's Search engine :3

legacyblade

Alright. I wish you luck on it. It won't work in my game, but it'd be an AWESOME addon.

Eternal

HOLY *********** ********* of a ************ *********** ***** **** with ***** ********* on a sandwich, that's amazing!! I am SOOOO using this!

The Niche

Genius idea, dude. Are you storing the chain in a variable? Because that way, you can learn skills when you get the chain to a certain chain number.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Magus

Make sure the heat points can be visible through the huds
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />