Finland, the champion

Started by Holyrapid, November 05, 2010, 03:40:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

November 05, 2010, 03:40:59 pm Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:52:38 pm by DesPKP
Hey, listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3bLSpX8e3o
The former Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen sings the Finnish national anthem, which's name can be roughly translated as our land.
The reason for me to post is that Finland has just won third time in a row the world championship of ringette (google it).
It ended with the numbers 6-3 on the scoreboard. The opponent was Canada, so this is a nice outcome.
(P.s. seems that sweden sucked this year in ringette, since they lost to finland 35-0 and forfeited before the third round.)

Ah, and here are the english words taken from wikipedia:

Oh our land, Finland, birthland,
echo loudly, golden word!
No valley, no hill,
no water, shore more dear
than this northern homeland,
this precious land of our fathers.
One day from your bud
you will bloom;
From our love shall rise
your hope, glorious joy,
and once in song, birthland
higher still will ring.

stripe103

November 05, 2010, 04:08:29 pm #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:10:43 pm by stripe103
Sweden sucks at any sport.. or it is just me who dislikes sport that much that I don't know any sport that we are good at.. :D
Though we apparently got bronze in 2007 so we can't suck that bad.. maybe...

Holyrapid

Well, in Hockey Sweden doesn't to seem so much, since you're always giving us such hard time. GOD! WHY THE HELL HASN*T FINLAND WON AN ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 1995!?
And why Sweden has to be so good? And, though i dislike the language, i have nothing against the country itself, so why in any sport, more so in winter sports, is Sweden our arch nemesis?

Diokatsu

Nightwish is pretty boss, but I like their new singer better than Tarja. Personal preference.

Scandinavia is cool.