Fields of Mirrors

Started by Blizzard, November 06, 2010, 12:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

November 06, 2010, 12:44:23 pm Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:54:26 pm by Blizzard
Blizzard Borealis - Fields of Mirrors (W.I.P. Demo)

HAHA! Finally a track in tribute of old-school Hard Trance. <3 It's not done yet, of course. I still have some vocals that I want to add (a guy talking about a messed dream where he ended up in field full of mirrors) and I'm probably going to change the melody of the pad in the middle of the track. For now it's using a melody very similar to the main melody, but I'd like something darker.

EDIT:

I've been working on this a bit. I've changed around some parts of the pads and melody to create a different dynamic in the song. I might record the vocals finally tomorrow if I'm not too lazy. I will probably improve the structure a bit before I make a final version. I've been listening to this for hours and I honestly can't tell anymore whether this sounds good or not so I'd appreciate some feedback until tomorrow. <3

EDIT:

Blizzard Borealis - Fields of Mirrors (Pre-Final)

I've finally got around to put the "lyrics" on paper, record the vocals and finish the song. This is the pre-final version. Feel free to shower me with love provide me with some feedback.

EDIT:

Hm, I just realized that the vocals don't sound so good on speakers as they do on headphones. I'll have to remaster the vocals a bit more.

EDIT:

I rerecorded the vocals, changed the text, remastered the vocals and remastered the rest slightly more.

Blizzard Borealis - Fields of Mirrors

IT'S DONE!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

You heartless bastards, you didn't even listen to it. D:

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I honestly had no clue you posted this until your second post bumped it up.  I listened to it.  Happy now?

Blizzard

Maybe. ._.;

I just expected to get at least some feedback in the few days it was posted. xD

winkio

Idk, my musical feedback seems to be irrelevant to most people here, except a few special cases where it was useful to subsonic.  I'll just say the quality seems good, but something bugs me about the sound at around the 2:00 mark.

Blizzard

Probably the incomplete mastering.

Ryex

it's good, thought there some parts that feel forced. but, who knows that may have been completely intentional.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I've been actually secretly working on this. >:3 In fact I often uploaded my newest progress, but I never let you know. :P

Anyway, if you wanna listen to the current version, go ahead. I will change a few minor things, try to improve the structure and I still need to record locals for this. ._.

Subsonic_Noise

Some good concepts in there, hope to hear the version with vocals soon.
Also get a fucking Access Virus TI holy fucking shit.

Blizzard

I first have to buy a better mic. A low-end mic is enough for my needs (I can filter the records myself), but the built-in mic in my new laptop is total utter crap so I can't use it.

Blizzard

*bumps* I've been working on this a bit. I've changed around some parts of the pads and melody to create a different dynamic in the song. I might record the vocals finally tomorrow if I'm not too lazy. I will probably improve the structure a bit before I make a final version. I've been listening to this for hours and I honestly can't tell anymore whether this sounds good or not so I'd appreciate some feedback until tomorrow. <3

Ryex

I like this version, but I feel that it is missing any significant driving force to the music. most prominently it missing any significant bass. but It's your music so that could compromise what your going for.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I didn't want to go with the usual bass I use so I went with this different bass sound. I wanted a rather powerful kick instead of a deep bass this time. In that area I might slightly adjust the kick a bit more, but the kick+bass combination will stay.

Holyrapid

I like it. I mostly listen to metal and rock music, but i like electronic too, if it's well made, and this is :D
It seems to have slight static, though that might just be my tv/monitors speakers... Also, it seems to cut short at the end... I had to check if it just started to lag, or if it really finished, since it ends quite suddenly...
On that note, what good electornic artists are there? I do like dubstep to a degree, and will digest disco to a degree, but am mainly looking for something along the lines of 90's electro-pop for easy listening, and something harder, like this... For more serious listening...

Blizzard

December 18, 2011, 03:35:14 pm #14 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:36:55 pm by Blizzard
Don't worry about that, this song is far from done. xD

I have about 11.5 GB of various electronic music on my HDD and I've put up a torrent. A majority is Trance and subgenres (Progressive Trance, Hard Trance, Melodic Trance, etc.) If you want it, let me know. There are tons of different artists among those almost 2500 songs.

Holyrapid

Well, i'll think of it, i at least downloaded your album :D

Blizzard

January 10, 2013, 05:20:25 pm #16 Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:25:20 pm by Blizzard
Blizzard Borealis - Fields of Mirrors (Pre-Final)

I've finally got around to put the "lyrics" on paper, record the vocals and finish the song. This is the pre-final version. Feel free to shower me with love provide me with some feedback.

EDIT: Hm, I just realized that the vocals don't sound so good on speakers as they do on headphones. I'll have to remaster the vocals a bit more.

winkio

I love what happens at 0:14-0:15.  I agree the lyrics need to be remastered.

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Ryex

agreed the track it self is good great even. but the lyrics are... mediocre at best. if I were you I would attempt to re record them with a bit more emotion in your voice. I'm not sure if you can tell not being a native English speaker but your almost monotone.