The Dawn of Light

Started by Aqua, March 15, 2008, 10:47:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of magic should Midori mainly use?

Elemental
2 (33.3%)
Summoning
1 (16.7%)
Buff/Debuff
1 (16.7%)
Psychic
1 (16.7%)
Other...
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Aqua

March 15, 2008, 10:47:13 pm Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 11:12:57 pm by Aqua
The Dawn of Light

Prologue

Prologue: ShowHide
They say that somewhere far away, there is a Sol Crystal that floats in the heavens, whose essence is strong enough to illuminate the entire world.  I think it's all a hoax.  We have five Crystals in our town that barely light past a block; how am I supposed to believe that there could be one that would light up all of Dargrimm?  The people tell me to hope, but I lost hope for everything ever since my father abandoned me here when I was only three.  I still remember that dreadful day. 

My father and I had been staying at a local farmer's house at a small town on our way towards the city.  One day the Sol Crystals went out because of gravitational interferences and my father told me to stay in the house while he went to check on the Crystals.  When they were back on, my father was nowhere to be found, hadn't left the slightest trace.  Without my choice in the matter, the farmer and his wife took me into their home and raised me.  It's been twelve years since that happened, but I still remember every detail, every tear, every stab of pain in my heart...

Characters

Characters: ShowHide

Armais
Class:  Archer
Special:  Elemental Arrows
Background: 
Armais is a teen who lost all hope for the world when his father left him.  Ednire was all that he had since his mother died shortly after giving birth to him and one day, he was just gone.  De'mik has raised him like his own son but Armais never considered the farmer who raised him to be his father.  Ever since that day, he hated it when gravity affected the Solar Crystals because of the darkness that would come and the mysteries unveiled after they come back on. 

Seles
Class:  Swordsgirl
Special:  Styles of the Eastern Zodiac that cause Status Effects
Background: 
Not much is known about this teenage girl.  She says that she is trying to become better than her sister with swords and joins Armais, knowing that his adventure will encourage her to become stronger.

Midori
Class:  Mage
Special:  I dunno :O
Background: 
   Midori is one of those people who always see the bright side of things and could never possibly be mad at anyone.  Energetic, chirpy, and clumsy with magic, Midori is just someone whom everyone loves.  Will her smiles be the light that Armais needs or will it just lead down the road to a dark past...

Aqua
Class:  ?
Special:  ?
   Who is this mysterious character who's happiness rivals Midori's?

Sprites

Armais Walking Sprite: ShowHide

Armais Attack Sprite: ShowHide

Armais Skill Sprite: ShowHide

Seles Walking Sprite: ShowHide

Midori Walking Sprite: ShowHide

Midori Attack Sprite: ShowHide

Midori Skill Sprite: ShowHide

Used in conjunction with Cast Magic animation (Might change)

Screenshots

Title Screen: ShowHide

Blizz-ABS Battle System: ShowHide

Nortos' Awesome CMS with my Windowskin: ShowHide

Part of the 1st Cutscene: ShowHide

More to come.

Okay so that's what I have so far.  I'll be sure to update when I can (probably gonna be slooooooow)

*is waiting for Blizz-ABS 2.0 :D*

Phasedscar

looks nice, I'm looking forward to it  :)
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Chaze007

YEYYEYEYEYEYEYEYYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEY!!!!!!!! YEYEYYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYYEYEYEYEYEY!!!! K IM DONE LOOKS AWESOME!!! POWER UP XD
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Nortos

looks nice can't wait for a demo  :) btw i would love it if you put your resources for blizz's abs up

Aqua

Okay I added some Blizz-abs sprites.  I'll add more once I make more ^_^

Flermza

Vell

Aqua

Hehe thanks everyone!

I'll try to have a demo ASAP but I gotta learn how to map interiors first ^_^"
(and possibly wait for BABS2.0 to be released)

Phasedscar

I'm mainly waiting for Blizz-ABS 2.0 as well

That and I still need to get enough tilesets done to get a demo made  :-[
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Aqua

...How do I make a poll able to have the user choose 2 options...

lol and please vote so that I know what spells to make for my mage.

Nortos

don't know sorry, oh and *powers up for the sprites* ty :)

Aqua

Updated with one more character and my 1st original sprite ^_^

Vell

wow. nice original sprite.

Flermza

Spoofus

hey this is lookin good if you need some recources for the blizz-abs i got some that you can use

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Aqua

Okay small update:
I added the walking down animation of Aqua.  I still need to work on her other directions.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll add the walking animations of my other characters.

Thanks for the positive feedback and the votes ^_^

Aqua

Update with a screenie of the CMS :P

And... I'm sloooowly working on the game... I just don't feel like mapping anything XD

Nortos

Hey it's mine! lol i'm glad to see it nice windowskin looks good, btw cnt wait for a demo

Aqua

Update with a screenshot of the 1st cutscene. :P

And... while I was trying to make my event coding look nicer by condensing my pages, I accidentally got rid of some of the event coding which included text.  Sooooo a few parts of the text probably aren't the same as what I originally had...

PS.  This screenshot's text was part of what got deleted but I remember that line verbatim... XD