Writer's Unity

Started by The Niche, November 13, 2010, 03:48:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

http://writersunity.webs.com/

This is my website for hyping up writers. Go forth and pay me!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Subsonic_Noise

Look at your website. Now look at mine, now back at yours. Sadly, your website isn't mine, but it could LOOK like mine if you stopped using webs.com and started using tools that lead to good results. I'm on a horse.

Blizzard

OIC WUT U DID THAR

I tried using WIX myself, but it was ruggish and took so long for that program to load/react that I figured it would be better if I just did it all by myself using Adobe Flash Builder.

@Niche: You should try it, though. It's like child's play to put stuff together. You can make a decent site within a day. Count in 1-2 hours of getting used to it and figuring out the features and then 2-3 hours of making the site. It's definitely worth it.

Back @Sub: Thanks for showing me that. It was just what I needed to finalize the idea of what to put on my own site. :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Ummm...irrelevant much? I'm not happy with the design, make no mistake, but it'll do for now. What's important is the site itself. Plus I like webs :L
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Subsonic_Noise

You mean the nonexistant content, exept you advertizing yourself? Nice. And yes, design makes up a big part of wether a site is good or bad, or how usable it is for that matter. Webs is a mess.

Diokatsu

Quote from: The Niche on November 13, 2010, 03:48:12 pm
http://writersunity.webs.com/

This is my website for hyping up writers. Go forth and pay me!

A forum is more appropriate.

Magus

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on November 13, 2010, 06:47:36 pm
Look at your website. Now look at mine, now back at yours. Sadly, your website isn't mine, but it could LOOK like mine if you stopped using webs.com and started using tools that lead to good results. I'm on a horse.

Wow, someone's cocky -_-. But I do agree that webs suck.  It's like the creator of webs was on acid when he made this.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Subsonic_Noise

I do apologize for the "I'm on a horse" part. That was inappropriate.

Diokatsu

Quote from: Magus on November 17, 2010, 10:27:35 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on November 13, 2010, 06:47:36 pm

Wow, someone's cocky -_-. But I do agree that webs suck.  It's like the creator of webs was on acid when he made this.

1. It's a quote altered to fit the situation, so I'm sure it was used for humor more than a direct interpretation.

2. The website doesn't look good. It's not hard to be better than it.

No offense meant, my good Niche, but Webs is not a good design choice. However, I'll spare you in reiterating a point that has been well nurtured in the thread already. Good luck!

The Niche