[XP] Custom Resolution

Started by ForeverZer0, November 25, 2010, 03:28:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Quote from: Wecoc on October 27, 2014, 09:22:40 am
Quote from: KK20I will actually add in an option that allows you to remove priority level 5 tiles from your game (effectively turning them into priority 4) which will help improve FPS.

That sounds great!

Not to mention, since you're not a noob that's going to do 1852x1256 size, it probably won't even need that option. Soooo hyped for the latest tilemap, it's already done wonders for my game ._. well the one map, lol. I am now official kk20 cheerleader, bust out tha pom poms y'all

KK20

I'd like to just retract my statement that the gain of 20 FPS was a mistake. I think I was using the wrong bitmap sizes and number of sprites. On actual inspection, removing one priority layer added about another 5 FPS. I'll still keep this feature (who knows, someone might find it useful).

Been having trouble trying to figure out shaking, but everything else is coming along smoothly.

@Wecoc:
Really? I must have been using an older version then. Or confusing it with another tilemap rewrite. I might have to check it again to see if it's more compatible with XP Ace.
And I'm pretty sure I made my v0.96 tilemap rewrite still work with $game_map[x,y,z] = t_id; I tested that extensively to ensure it worked. Drago is solely responsible v0.97. Perhaps you're talking about that one?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Wingard

Hi. Would it be possible to change or create an addon for this script for it to take the height and width values from an external file? Like a notepad "resolution.txt" placed in game folder or something like that. I made a scaling interface for my little game and id like the player to be able to choose by himself which resolution he prefers to play at, without me decompressing the game and changing it for him every time. Script/addon would read two values from the file and assign them to two respective variables which IDs would be set in it. This way by reffering to these two variables the interface would know how it should adjust itself.  :)

tasuku13

Try this script on my game.Script work so well.But Plane class is still 640 * 480 pixel.

Try on MOG scene menu...still the same.Plane class is still in 640 * 480 area pixel.

Can someone help me fix this?

KK20

It's hard to say what the real issue could be. The script already handles Planes by using a rewrite, drawing bitmaps that stretch to the resolution's size. The script also handles resizing viewports that are 640x480 in size.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!