iPod Touch Completely Ruined?

Started by G_G, November 27, 2010, 07:11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Well this really sucks >___>

I was updating my ipod to 4.2 and then it didn't even make it to the progress bar menu. The apple logo came up like normal then that little wheel that spins froze and it stuck like that for like 5 minutes and then shut off then reboot then repeated the process.

I hard rebooted it and forced it to go into recovery mode and I tried restoring it and it did the same thing. So from what it seems I can't use my ipod anymore D:

WhiteRose

Try booting into DFU mode, like this:

While connected to the computer hold the home button and lock button.
Ignore the slide to power off.
When you see the Apple logo, RELEASE THE LOCK BUTTON - NOT THE HOME BUTTON, keep holding until the iTunes recognizes it as an Apple restore device.
Get yourself the update, and hold 'Shift' (if using Windows) while you click on the Restore button in iTunes. A new window should pop up where you locate the update file to restore.

G_G

I cant get the thing to boot up period. I can manage to make itunes detect that it needs to be restored. I tried your method too the Shift click thingy and it still didnt work.

It just boots up, freezes at the apple logo and reboots after 5 minutes. But it won't restore or boot up period.

WhiteRose

November 28, 2010, 12:00:37 pm #3 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:51:16 pm by Gagmon
iPod Touches are known for being nearly impossible to brick; unless it's a hardware problem, there's a pretty good chance that you'll be able to get it working again, with a little luck. Just keep trying things, and I'm sure you'll get it running again eventually.

G_G

May 08, 2011, 11:08:14 am #4 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:51:25 pm by Gagmon
YAY FOR NECRO POSTING!

So I found my iPod, I was unaware I still had it, still broken, I've looked up several solutions, going to try them all out as soon as its done charging in its infinite reboot state.

EDIT: OMGAR So I decided to update iTunes and try and restore my iPod, holy crap it fucking worked! And the entire time it was running on the very low battery life it had! OMG THANK YOU!

WhiteRose

Quote from: WhiteRose on November 28, 2010, 12:00:37 pm
EDIT: OMGAR So I decided to update iTunes and try and restore my iPod, holy crap it fucking worked! And the entire time it was running on the very low battery life it had! OMG THANK YOU!

I don't remember ever saying that....

(I think you accidentally pressed modify instead of quote, G_G.)

G_G

My bad >.< Moderators make mistakes too >.<

Blizzard

That edit thing happened to me a few times, too, lol!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.