[XP] Tileset Merger

Started by G_G, November 29, 2010, 05:53:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

November 29, 2010, 05:53:29 pm Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:50:56 am by game_guy
RMXP Tileset Merger
Version 1.0

Intro

Trying to merge a couple of tilesets for one map? Well no worries! This small handy dandy program will do all the work for you. You just add the tilesets you want, then click Merge then save it. How easy?

I decided to make this program when I noticed my old tileset merger. I wasn't quite happy with my scripted merger. This is alot user friendly, alot faster, and just 10x better.

Features

• Can merge any number of tilesets (May experience lag if you merge 50+)
  • Choose transparent background color when importing
  • Easy to use

Screenshots

Heres what the GUI looks like. Small, maybe a bit uneven. But perfect.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Download

Download

Help

Once you run the program. Everythings basically self explanatory.
Click the "+" button to add a tileset.
Click the "-" button to remove a tileset.
Click the "Merge" button to merge the tilesets. (Must have at least 2 before clicking)
-When Importing
When importing a tileset, you can make the background transparent. The program allows you to click on the color of the tilesets background color. That way when all tilesets are merged, the background will be already transparent and you can just import it into rmxp.

Credits

• Ronnie Mooney (game_guy) ~ For making it
  • GAX72 ~ Requesting merged tilesets awhile back

Known Bugs

You cannot merge images that are larger then 256 pixels in width. (A basic RMXP Tileset) For some reason when you import tilesets larger than that no merged image will come up.

Notes

Enjoy! If you run into any problems let me know.

WhiteRose

An idea if you ever get around to making a second version or an update to this would be automatically splitting incoming images into columns of 256 pixels, and then "stacking" them on top of one another before continuing the merge.

G_G

thats not a bad idea I'll see what I can do :)

Blizzard

ZOMG, you broke the first post. D:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

megaman30796

http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/

this is 4 people who wants tilesets 2 merge.
credits 2 Niche 4 telling me this site.
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"