[Visual Basic:Help]Make a desktop search box

Started by stripe103, December 01, 2010, 01:41:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stripe103

December 01, 2010, 01:41:11 pm Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:29:44 pm by stripe103
Hi! New problem.
I am going to make some kind of search box so that when you are on the desktop, you can just click Ctrl + Shift + Alt to bring up a search box. Now the thing is that I've got it to show and hide, but here is the problem. If you hide it, and work on something else, the window gets unfocused which makes you unable to get it back. Can someone help me with this?

stripe103

Since it is a new problem and no one have answered, I might as well use this topic for it.

BUMP to make it show again.

stripe103

ForeverZer0

I am not familiar with Visual Basic, so I can't really help you with creating it, but aren't there already options to put a desktop searchbox on your computer? I use one that stays down in the taskbar.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

I have Finder, and I love him.

Or spotlight, whatever the hell Mac Users call them.

stripe103

December 18, 2010, 04:57:03 pm #5 Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:11:51 am by stripe103
Well yea, but mine is supposed to have an updated list of engines so that you can install the ones that you like and therefore saving time. For example Google, YouTube and maybe even CP.
And it is also for educational purposes for me. It is hard to come up with things to make, and when I do, there is always something I can't do, and currently, this is it.