Frozen Rain EPIC team recruitment ^^

Started by blackthorn, December 02, 2010, 12:06:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blackthorn

I'm making a game called Frozen Rain and wanted to come here to get my team. The game is for rpg maker xp, and I still need these places filled but if you want a position already taken then I'll split the job between you and the other people on that specific job.

Event maker--Wolf
Mapper--Wolf
Story maker--Wolf
Character Maker--Wolf
Artist--
Tileset maker--
Musician--
Voice actors--
Scriptor--

But I really hope to make this game really big, and I'm already working on the book for the game. Everyone on the team will get a copy of the book, a cd of the game's music, a poster, and a plushie of the character of their choosing. We'll also get a site running later for selling the fan stuff so if you can get that going too let me know.

A mysterious girl named Rei wakes in the forest on a cold rainy night to the voice of a strange man wearing an anubis mask. The shadowy man tells her she's in Crow's forest in the middle of a world called Paradise and that his name is Angel before he vanishs. Rei must find all of her memories and the shards of her broken soul before the strange group called 'Rjn'. You play Rei as you travel across the demon world Paradise and hunt for your missing pieces and try to solve the mystery of you and Angel.

"Characters": ShowHide
Rei-A strange girl that wakes up in a crater on a cold night in summer. She has no memories or soul, she only has a strange feathered mask she was wearing when she woke.

Angel-A mysterious man that wears an anubis mask. He seems to know a lot about everything, even Rei. Is he a friend or foe?

Saturn-A handsome demon shaman with large antlers. Saturn is one of the high elders of his village but decides to leave it to help Rei even if it means he'd be exiled.

Sin-A humanoid pulled from the depths of hell by the Ryn to destroy Rei. When he turns on the Ryn they begin to hunt him. If you're willing to trust him he may be added to the party along with a few other optional characters.

Lady Death-Destroyed the beloved godess Rhiannon and took over the heavens and paradise.

Misablonca-A strange woman that keeps appearing and helping Rei. Angel doesn't seem to get along with her, so who's safe to trust?

"Features": ShowHide
Day and night system
Farming system
Fishing System
Minigames to play with some npc's
Dating
House arranging
Tons of sidequests and optional characters
And basicly the ability to just live a quiet life in game when you don't feel like working on the story. So basicly a Animal Crossing style living system for when you're not progressing

I'll be adding screenies soon too, but if you have any questions or comments or want me to post anything else let me know. Also if PLEASE let me know if you're willing to do any work for the game, or if you want game merchandise like plushies or anything. I'll be posting the link to the first chapter of the story soon too.

WhiteRose

Between preparing for finals and the teams I'm already a part of, I don't have time to help. Looks interesting, though. Good luck!

blackthorn

Quote from: WhiteRose on December 02, 2010, 02:09:30 am
Between preparing for finals and the teams I'm already a part of, I don't have time to help. Looks interesting, though. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I usually get bad reviews at first, lol

Holyrapid

Well, i am working on my own project, but i guess i could help as an eventer, story maker to certain degree, voice actor and maybe as a character maker, if you explain what you mean by it.

blackthorn

Quote from: DesPKP on December 02, 2010, 09:59:30 am
Well, i am working on my own project, but i guess i could help as an eventer, story maker to certain degree, voice actor and maybe as a character maker, if you explain what you mean by it.

Character making is using the generator I use to make random npc's for the game, then placing them on a template. As for voice acting are you a guy or a girl? We have some positions in each, and in many different tones, so I'm sure you'd fit one perfectly.

Holyrapid

I'm a guy. And i can somewhat 'shift' my voice

Spaceman McConaughey

Looks like an over-ambitious project.

I do not think you will find all of those people, and reliable for the job at that.

blackthorn

Quote from: Tuggernuts on December 04, 2010, 06:11:27 am
Looks like an over-ambitious project.

I do not think you will find all of those people, and reliable for the job at that.

That's why I'm ready to take the task of anything that needs to be done onto myself. I already have a lot on my hands, but I'll do it all if I have to :/

zane203

As I see it, over ambitious projects are usually the biggest ones.

Though I have my suggestions:
-Make a small game first to bring in a team
     `--- be it team of noobies and train with the small games.(loyal team mates that way)
-With your game, make it cut throat, getting every main thing outta the way like programming events, scripts, and the entire storyline concept, then move on to branching the game out with the extra, and more extra. After that release the game when it hits a tad bit above your basic standards. Then release other bits to it as DLC.

this is what my small team plans on doing with our "REALLY over ambitious" project =]
   -also developing a virtual console to launch the game and also check for updates/dlc easily x3

the best of luck to you mate, and see you on rmxpu later sometime xD
--ZenOokami--

xeilmach

I have been on a break ever since I've completed my first RPG game ever. I was a one-man team for four months, and it was completely exhausting with all the planning, writing, graphics making, and countless playtesting. And the game lasts for only 5 hours at the most, too.

At first, I wanted my game to have all these misc features designed to be time-consuming to increase gameplay time as well as a deep complex story with multiple chapters and endings for replayability.

Though, at a certain point, I faced reality and decided that I rather have fun in creating a short game in which I can manage the quality of. I have to say that that was the best decision that I made, or else I would have abandoned the game at one point due to stress from keeping track of things and other schedules. Now, I can easily go back and add whatever I want whenever I feel like it to expand my short game little by little instead of having one big thing with multiple tasks I have to do all at once to complete a game.

I hope my experiences will help you reflect on your own decisions carefully.

Quote from: Blizzard on November 17, 2010, 02:22:18 am
Don't worry if you lose your motivation at one point. Just keep doing something else, it should come back to you. If it doesn't, get back into it anyway. xD