party change area

Started by worldwriter, December 02, 2010, 10:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

worldwriter

How do I make a party change system similar to Chrono trigger or FF6 where the player walks up to a non active party member asks if you want them to join then it takes the player to a selection screen where u choose who they replace. Second part of that question. Can I stop certain characters from being changed out if they are currently vital to the quest being done?

I did search and couldnt find anything like this.

ForeverZer0

I searched this. Took almost 3 seconds:  :P

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,116.0.html

Just have each character use a script call to call the scene. Read the instructions in the script to see exactly how it works.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

worldwriter

thank you, I swear I searched but regardless, I really appreciate the effort to answer me so promptly

ForeverZer0

No problem. When using the search option. Either browse to the area where you think it might be found, or if you have no idea, go to the main forum page and do the search. You can also just use an advanced search and select it.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

worldwriter

to be honest I had already looked at the script you found for me during my search and had thought it wasnt quite right but now that I've reread it, it'll do just fine, ty

WhiteRose

worldwriter

Whiterose, that will work nicely, thank you.